Hollywood is full of stars that have brought that certain “something” to the screen, whether that screen is big or small. But lately there’s been a surge of teenage stars that have bewitched us all with their charm, while at the same time delighting us with their youthful energy. What makes these stars so dazzling is their excitement for portraying their characters and their pure commitment towards perfecting their craft. The courage to present themselves in a certain way to their adoring fans is the reason why we love these stars so much. These young celebrities have taken over every facet of the media, including the world of fashion and music. Below, listed alphabetically, are eleven teens that have taken Hollywood by storm, and are enjoying their success!
1. Justin Bieber - What can’t be said about the iconic musician Justin Bieber. Yes, whether you like it or not, Justin Bieber is considered by many to be an icon. With millions of followers on Twitter and record-breaking hit singles, this seventeen year-old YouTube sensation has become a media giant in an incredibly short amount of time. He’s released singles like “One Time” and “Baby”, which have both become huge hits. With crowd control becoming a frequent problem whenever he holds a concert, it’s a sure thing that Justin Bieber is going to be with us for a long, long time.
2. Miranda Cosgrove – This bright-eyed teen star has her own sitcom on Nickelodeon called “iCarly”. Since starring also in Nickelodeon’s “Drake and Josh”, Miranda has served as an outstanding role model to young girls by being active and staying cheerful and sweet whenever we see her.
3. Miley Cyrus - The daughter of singer Billy Ray Cyrus, this teenage sensation has climbed her way to fame by portraying Miley Stewart on the hit television show “Hannah Montana” on the Disney Channel. “Hannah Montana” spawned a great deal of dolls, video games, clothing, and music. Miley has established herself as a singer by releasing hit singles and capturing the imaginations of young people everywhere.
4. Selena Gomez - Selena Gomez plays Alex Russo on the Disney Channel hit series “Wizards of Waverly Place.” This nineteen year-old has captured the hearts of countless young people. Not only is she a star on the small screen, but she continues to make a positive impact on children by serving as a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador.
5. Taylor Lautner - It’s clearly obvious that this young man makes an incredible impact on teenage girls wherever he goes. By starring in films such as “The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl in 3-D” and the films in the “Twilight Saga”, Taylor has established himself as an enduring icon of American pop culture.
6. Keke Palmer – Keke Palmer has starred in movies like “Jump In”, “Akeelah and the Bee”, and Tyler Perry’s “Madea’s Family Reunion.” She’s even launched her own Wal-Mart fashion line inspired by her Nickelodeon television show “True Jackson, VP” where she plays a teenage vice-president of a well-known fashion company in New York City. Keke Palmer is another prime example of a positive role model for teens.
7. Jordin Sparks - This former American Idol winner has been a role model to teens everywhere as a reminder that our dreams are not impossible. Jordin’s hit singles include “One Step at a Time”, “Tattoo”, and “No Air”. Jordin has also dabbled in acting, which includes a remake of the movie “Sparkle” with seasoned actress and singer Whitney Houston.
8. Kristen Stewart - This star has made a huge impact on pop culture. Like her “Twilight” co-stars Taylor Lautner and Robert Pattinson, she has dazzled countless teenage fans through her portrayal of Bella Swan.
9. Taylor Swift - Taylor Swift is an award-winning songstress. This is because the sweet, southern sound of Taylor Swift’s music can bring joy to anyone’s ears. Despite Kanye West stealing her spotlight at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards, this southern belle continues to bring us happiness and joy through her sweet lyrics and meaningful melodies. Taylor continues to fearlessly shine and her popularity is soaring. Billboard recently named her the 2011 Woman of the Year.
10. Raven Symone - Since she stole our hearts as sweet little Olivia on “The Cosby Show”, Raven Symone has soared to incredible heights. She has had a career as an actress, singer, and role model to countless young people. Since being cast in “The Cosby Show”, she’s starred in programs like “That’s So Raven” on the Disney Channel, “The Cheetah Girls” movies, and the sitcom “State of Georgia” on ABC Family.
11. Emma Watson – Emma Watson a.k.a Hermione Granger has established herself as a young star that everyone loves. Like her co-stars Rupert Grint and Daniel Radcliffe in all eight “Harry Potter” films, Emma has stolen the hearts of countless people all over the globe and has achieved iconic pop culture status. Not only is she a fashionista and a well-known celebrity, Emma Watson is also a serious student. She attended Brown University in Rhode Island and is now attending school at Oxford in England, proving that she is just as studious as her “Harry Potter” alter ego Hermione Granger.
Ultimately, these young stars have contributed so much. They’re young and many teens can relate to these stars, allowing them to leave a mark on Hollywood that will never be removed. In the end, the legacy of each one of these famous young celebrities will not be how much money they made or how many clothing lines they had, but their legacy will be decided by their adoring followers. Followers who have been captivated by the aura of these successful teens will carry on the legacy of their role models by remembering the way these stars made them feel, and how they inspired them to live life to its fullest. That, ultimately, will be the legacy of these young and talented celebrities.