Add a few homemade cards from the kids, and you'll have all of the ingredients for a spectacular Father's Day!
Slow Cooker Roast Recipe
If you don't have a slow cooker, simply bake this in the oven at 325 degrees for 2 1/2 to 4 hours (depending on the size of your roast) or until cooked through and fork tender.
- 1 sirloin tip roast
- 6 carrots
- 1 large onion
- 4 cups of beef broth
- 3 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of pepper
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- Spray the slow cooker insert with a non stick cooking spray.
- Rinse and chop the carrots into bite size pieces.
- Peel and dice the onion.
- Season the Pot Roast with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Place the roast in the slow cooker.
- Add the carrots and onions.
- our the beef broth on top of the roast and veggies.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
Cheesy Potato Bake Recipe
This can be made a day or two ahead of time, and then baked for the last half hour of the roast cooking.
- 5 large baking potatoes
- 2 cups of reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup of reduced fat or fat free sour cream
- 1 cup of milk
- 5 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and dice the potatoes.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain the water from the pot.
- Using a fork or potato masher, mix the potatoes together.
- Add the milk, sour cream, and cheese, mixing well.
- Pour potato mixture into a baking dish, and top with crumbed bacon pieces.
- Bake for thirty minutes.
- If desired, serve with a few tablespoons of sour cream.