This is a delicious and budget friendly menu for Father's Day. While the roast is simmering away in the slow cooker, your family can enjoy some special time with Dad. The Cheesy Potato Bake goes great with the roast, and can be made a day or two ahead of time.
Add a few homemade cards from the kids, and you'll have all of the ingredients for a spectacular Father's Day!
Slow Cooker Roast Recipe
If you don't have a slow cooker, simply bake this in the oven at 325 degrees for 2 1/2 to 4 hours (depending on the size of your roast) or until cooked through and fork tender.
- 1 sirloin tip roast
- 6 carrots
- 1 large onion
- 4 cups of beef broth
- 3 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of pepper
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- Spray the slow cooker insert with a non stick cooking spray.
- Rinse and chop the carrots into bite size pieces.
- Peel and dice the onion.
- Season the Pot Roast with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Place the roast in the slow cooker.
- Add the carrots and onions.
- our the beef broth on top of the roast and veggies.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
Cheesy Potato Bake Recipe
This can be made a day or two ahead of time, and then baked for the last half hour of the roast cooking.
- 5 large baking potatoes
- 2 cups of reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup of reduced fat or fat free sour cream
- 1 cup of milk
- 5 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and dice the potatoes.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain the water from the pot.
- Using a fork or potato masher, mix the potatoes together.
- Add the milk, sour cream, and cheese, mixing well.
- Pour potato mixture into a baking dish, and top with crumbed bacon pieces.
- Bake for thirty minutes.
- If desired, serve with a few tablespoons of sour cream.