This unusual dish is healthy, delicious, and filling.
Spicy Chicken and Eggplant Recipe
- 2 medium eggplants
- 5 Tbs olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 pound chicken breasts, boned and skinned
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1¼ Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp sugar
- Cut the eggplant into quarters lengthwise. Slice the eggplant into ½” pieces.
- Cut the chicken breasts into thin slices.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Raise the heat to medium-high and add the eggplant. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Roughly chop the green onions. Add the green onions to the skillet and cook for 1 minute.
Remove the eggplant and green onion from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the eggplant and green onion back to the skillet and stir. Cook for 2 minutes.
Mix together the red pepper flakes, white wine, tomato paste, and sugar. Pour this mixture over the chicken and eggplant, stirring well.
- Cook until the liquid is reduced by half.
Note: This dish is fairly quick to prepare. It makes a great low calorie meal when served with a green salad.