When we act from a space of inner clarity and peace, we most easily solve everyday problems in the workplace, and in relationships with family and friends.
When we produce a concise and informative report at work, or write a lesson plan that really works, or even make a list that organizes our shopping trip, we are instilling clarity in practical living.
What turns out as informative and clear on the daily practical level, has its roots in harmony within. To develop harmony and clarity in our outer creations, requires peacefulness and stillness in our mind.
Meditation for Reflection
Sit quietly and calm body and mind by doing some even and regular breathing such as: breathe in 2 counts; breathe out 2 counts; breathe in 2 counts and continue this pattern without actually saying the counts.
At the conclusion of your meditation take a few minutes to write new insights in your journal for later review on your progress.
Now reflect on these aids for conjoining inner and outer harmony:
1. Take time to view uplifting symbols and allow their effects to bring us to awe for the moment;
2. Reflect on the possibilities that come to mind for solving problems or creating that needed report, lesson plan, or shopping list;
3. Maintain a clean and organized living and workspace;
4. Keep personal body and space clean;
5. Adopt positive attitudes, and when faced with conflict relax into the peace of the moment, so the best solution can most easily surface to our waking mind, and then act on it;
6. Moderation. Take adequate time to eat wholesome foods regularly, avoiding harmful substances; take time to exercise, even if this is just walking part way to work, school, or shopping; allow enough time to rest including a period in meditation or reflection, even if when lying down and upon first awakening;
7. Put kindness into action all through the day both with self and others.
8. Be non-judgmental, so that we, also, will not be judged;
9. Be appreciative to others for their kindness, and to our Divine Source for putting inspirations in our mind and hearts that allow us to love fully and unconditionally.
From the Creative Source within
Give expansion and richness
To our daily pattern of living
Allowing purpose to shine forth
Knowledge of our link to Divinity
Knowledge of our self in Self."
I invite you to join me in a daily world peace group cyber meditation. Click the article here to read about it.
Meditation Lessons for Teens and Adults
More than 70 offerings, from guided meditation techniques to on-the-go stress relief and relationship meditations interspersed with verse, and a section of special occasion prayers. 114 pages. PDF Ebook | EPUB | Paperback | Mac Users | B&N NOOK eBook
Meditation for All Kids
Sitting, walking, dance and group circle meditations, along with positive affirmations, verses and benefits of meditation for kids of all ages and abilities in a 100 page book with illustrations. PDF Ebook | EPUB | Paperback | Mac Users | B&N NOOK eBook
Sign up below or in the right-hand column for our meditation site newsletter. It only requires your email address and is never given out or sold to anyone. If at any time you wish to stop receiving it, each newsletter contains a link to unsubscribe. Each person must sign up themselves. We can't sign up for you. It is an easy way to keep abreast of new articles on the meditation site. Make meditation part of your daily routine and let the Bellaonline meditation articles help you select just what kind of meditation is right for you, whether you are a child, teen, or adult, a beginner, or advanced practitioner.
Article by Susan Helene Kramer