This recipe makes delicious bread or muffins. This recipe uses sugar and sugar substitute to make it low sugar for an even healthier dessert or breakfast bread.
- 2 cups unpeeled zucchini, grated
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup oil (I prefer canola)
- 1 cup sugar
- 10 packets Sweet-N-Low
- 1 Tbs vanilla
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbs cinnamon
- 2 Tbs cocoa
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup raisins
- oil and flour for pans
- In a large bowl beat together the eggs, oil, sugar, and Sweet-N-Low.
- Mix in the zucchini and vanilla.
- Blend together the flour baking soda, cinnamon, cocoa, and salt in a separate bowl.
- 1 cup at a time add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and blend well after each addition.
- After all the flour mixture is blended into the eggs mixture add the raisins and gently stir through.
- Oil and flour 2 bread loaf pans.
- Pour half the batter into each pan.
- Bake at 350F for 50-60 minutes. A skewer should come out clean when cooked.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before removing from the pans.
Note: If making muffins cook for 25-30 minutes.
The taste is similar to pumpkin pie and there is no zucchini taste. My son who doesn't like zucchini will eat this bread! A tasty way to get him to eat healthy. A family member who has Type II diabetes enjoys a slice of bread for dessert because it satisfies his sweet tooth without ingesting too much sugar.
Try baking in a cake pan and dust with a light coat of confectioner's sugar. It makes an awesome brunch dessert. For a truly decadent version ice with cream cheese frosting.