Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe
This recipe makes delicious bread or muffins. This recipe uses sugar and sugar substitute to make it low sugar for an even healthier dessert or breakfast bread.
- 2 cups unpeeled zucchini, grated
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup oil (I prefer canola)
- 1 cup sugar
- 10 packets Sweet-N-Low
- 1 Tbs vanilla
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbs cinnamon
- 2 Tbs cocoa
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup raisins
- oil and flour for pans
- In a large bowl beat together the eggs, oil, sugar, and Sweet-N-Low.
- Mix in the zucchini and vanilla.
- Blend together the flour baking soda, cinnamon, cocoa, and salt in a separate bowl.
- 1 cup at a time add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and blend well after each addition.
- After all the flour mixture is blended into the eggs mixture add the raisins and gently stir through.
- Oil and flour 2 bread loaf pans.
- Pour half the batter into each pan.
- Bake at 350F for 50-60 minutes. A skewer should come out clean when cooked.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before removing from the pans.
Note: If making muffins cook for 25-30 minutes.
The taste is similar to pumpkin pie and there is no zucchini taste. My son who doesn't like zucchini will eat this bread! A tasty way to get him to eat healthy. A family member who has Type II diabetes enjoys a slice of bread for dessert because it satisfies his sweet tooth without ingesting too much sugar.
Try baking in a cake pan and dust with a light coat of confectioner's sugar. It makes an awesome brunch dessert. For a truly decadent version ice with cream cheese frosting.
You Should Also Read:
Zucchini Frittata - Frittata all Sardegnola
Zucchini Pie Recipe
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.