Your celebration can include elements of meditation, prayer, reflection and music, making it especially festive and meaningful.
The place and participants:
- A family or living room; in a park; at the beach if in a warm climate.
- Family and friends gathered in a circle, sitting on blankets at the beach, chairs indoor.
- A central symbol of focus could be a candle that is placed at the center of a table, or a manger scene with candles in a circle. One or more family or friends can lead the ceremony, they need not be clergy - this ceremony recognizes everyone as celebrants.
Some elements that could be included:
- Christmas carols, of course, and even though this poem is secular, a traditional poem such as "'Twas the Night Before Christmas" which ends with a positive message.
- The Christmas story from the Holy Bible with several people taking turns reading sentences.
- Offerings of inspiring song or dance from those assembled including the children.
- Prepared or extemporaneous speeches on the meaning of Christmas in the speaker's life.
- A Christmas Prayer; a time for silent meditation for personal and world peace.
- An uplifting Christmas hymn sung as a group with everyone holding hands. Examples that are uplifting: Silent Night, Holy Night; Away in a Manger; Oh, Little Town of Bethlehem; Angels, We Have Heard on High; Oh, Holy Night; your family favorites.
Sharing of Christmas treats from the kitchen; exchanging gifts.
"Christmas lights shining bright
Remind us of the Holy Night
A Little Babe was born to say
Give lovingly in every way
Give love to others every day."
Blessings and love to all!
Christmas Prayer for Children
Christmas Eve Prayer
New Year's Prayer and Meditation
Article by Susan Helene Kramer
I invite you to join me in a daily group cyber meditation for personal and planetary peace. Click the article here to read about it.
Meditation Lessons for Teens and Adults
More than 70 offerings, from guided meditation techniques to on-the-go stress relief and relationship meditations interspersed with verse, and a section of special occasion prayers. 114 pages. PDF Ebook | EPUB | Paperback | Mac Users | B&N NOOK eBook
Meditation for All Kids
Sitting, walking, dance and group circle meditations, along with positive affirmations, verses and benefits of meditation for kids of all ages and abilities in a 100 page book with illustrations. PDF Ebook | EPUB | Paperback | Mac Users | B&N NOOK eBook
Sign up below or in the right-hand column for our meditation site newsletter. It only requires your email address and is never given out or sold to anyone. If at any time you wish to stop receiving it, each newsletter contains a link to unsubscribe. Each person must sign up themselves. We can't sign up for you. It is an easy way to keep abreast of new articles on the meditation site. Make meditation part of your daily routine and let the bellaonline meditation articles help you select just what kind of meditation is right for you, whether you are a child, teen, or adult, a beginner, or advanced practitioner.