3 cups fresh cranberries
1/2 cup water
1 3/4 cups sugar
5 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon almond extract
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
3/4 cup flour
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/3 cup melted butter
1 9" unbaked pie shell
- Filling: Place the cranberries in the food processor and pulse a few times to coarsely chop them; alternately, coarsely chop by hand.
- Transfer the chopped cranberries to a medium saucepan and pour the water over.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the flour, sugar, and salt.
- When the cranberries are boiling, slowly stir in the flour mixture; stir until the mixture boils and thickens.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the extract and butter.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill. The filling can be made up to 3 days ahead.
- Streusel Topping: Mix the bread crumbs, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and almonds.
- Stir in the butter until well-mixed and crumbly.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Pour the chilled filling into the unbaked pie shell.
- Cover with the topping.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until the streusel topping is golden brown. Serve warm or cold with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
Amount Per Serving
Calories 576 Calories from Fat 222
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 39% Protein 4% Carb. 57%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 25 g
Saturated Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 33 mg
Sodium 346 mg
Total Carbohydrate 83 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 44 g
Protein 6 g
Vitamin A 9% Vitamin C 9% Calcium 0% Iron 9%