Lemon Berry Parfaits are perfect for spring, especially when beautiful strawberries are available. Rather than make individual parfaits, the dessert can also be made in a trifle bowl which looks great on a buffet table or is perfect to take to a barbecue or cookout; you’ll need to double the recipe to fill the bowl. If strawberries aren’t in season, raspberries are also beautiful and delicious. In fact, any mixture of fresh seasonal berries go well with the easy lemon filling.
8 individual parfaits
1 batch Microwave Lemon Curd, chilled
1 cup heavy cream, whipped to stiff peaks
2 cups lemon sandwich cookies, coarsely crushed
1 pint sliced fresh strawberries, clean and dry raspberries, or a mixture of blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, and raspberries
lemon peel strips for garnish
fresh mint sprigs for garnish
- Gently fold the lemon curd and the whipped cream together.
- Using 1/3 of each of the mixtures, place a layer of sandwich cookies in the bottom of 8 parfait cups.
- Top with a layer of the lemon curd/cream mixture, then berries.
- Repeat twice, ending up with berries.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- To serve, place a few strips of lemon peel and some mint for garnish.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 387 Calories from Fat 210
Percent Total Calories From:
Fat 54% Protein 4% Carb. 41%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 23 g
Saturated Fat 12 g
Cholesterol 169 mg
Sodium 399 mg
Total Carbohydrate 40 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 18% Vitamin C 23% Calcium 0% Iron 7%