Chocoholics will love Fudge frosting on chocolate cake, but itís also good on yellow or white cake. Try this frosting on brownies, bars, and cookies, too.
One batch makes enough to frost a 13 x 9Ē cake; if youíre frosting an 8 or 9Ē layer cake or 24 cupcakes, youíll want to double the recipe.
Basic Fudge Frosting
2 1/2 Ė3 cups; enough to frost a 13 x 9Ē cake
2/3 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the whipping cream, sugar, and butter in a microwaveable container.
- Microwave on high power for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Whisk the mixture, then return it to the microwave for 1-2 more minutes, or until the mixture boils.
- Whisk the mixture until smooth and add the chocolate chips, corn syrup, and vanilla.
- Whisk until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is spreadable.
- Spread on cake or cookies immediately.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 167 Calories from Fat 97
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 58% Protein 2% Carb. 40%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 11 g
Saturated Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 18 mg
Sodium 20 mg
Total Carbohydrate 17 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 6 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 3%