The ego isnít the only thing that dating can be pretty hard on. Dating has been known to cause some serious trouble for the wallet as well. For those who want to inject a little romance into their dates but donít have the funds to get too extravagant, consider some of the following ideas for romance on a budget:
- Star gazing - There are few things more romantic than basking in the moonlight with your sweetheart. Be sure to choose a safe spot with wide-open spaces and low lighting. It might even help to do some research beforehand to have an idea of what constellations are where so that you can point them out to your date.
- Batting cages - Going to the batting cages might not sound all that romantic at first, but this is one activity that definitely has the potential to hit a homerun. Get ready to swing your way into some romance.
- Kite flying - Little kids arenít the only ones that can find enjoyment in this activity. Flying kites can be a fun and romantic way to spend some quality time with someone special. Creating your own kite can also add to the romance. Click here to learn how to make your own kite.
- Afternoon picnic - There is something undeniably romantic about a private picnic for two. It is a great and inexpensive way to spend some quality time with your date. Choosing a waterside location for your picnic will definitely enhance the potential for romance so consider parking your picnic basket near the beach or a lake. If there are no waterside locations available to you, aim for a scenic park in your area.
- Home-cooked meal - Nothing says romance louder than a home cooked meal. Not even the fanciest restaurant in town can compete with the romance factor of knowing that your date slaved over a hot stove just for you. Be sure to get an idea of what kind of foods your date enjoys. You wouldnít want to cook up Filet Mignon for a vegetarian!