Go batty over bats with this webquest. Let your students soar through learning, while having a screeching good time.
Help your patrons build great research skills while having fun. This thematic unit uses the web as a research tool.
Older patrons can be introduced to the Silverwing series by Kenneth Oppel. This is a great adventure series featuring an undersized bat named Shade. Shade is separated from the colony. It has all the aspects of a great quest.
Younger patrons can begin by reading Stellaluna. In Stellaluna, a young bat must learn how to be a bat, this is a great jumping off point. Patrons collect the needed information that she needs to live as a bat.
Develop the list of questions that the students need to research. Examples are:
- Where do bats live? Students can draw a bat habitat.
- What types of food do bats eat? How is this helpful to humans?
- How do bats fly at night?
- Do all bats look the same?
- Are vampire bats real?
- Bats fly, but are they birds?
- What are some myths about bats?
- Oklahoma Wildlife Department
- Newspapers in Education
- Bat Habitats
- Bat Homes
- Bat Food
- Bat Myths
- Top Bat from Animal Planet
- Vampire Bat
- Frequently Asked Questions about Bats
- Bats Northwest
- Where Do Bats Live?
- Sacramento Wild Bird Center
Teamwork - Friends
Buy This Poster At AllPosters.com