Guest Author - Lynne Chapman
This very elegant updo looks very difficult and perhaps created by a professional but it was created using the Twistii.
Liz Havlin, Twistii creator, sent these pictures to me to show the versatility of her invention. Read about the Twistii here
For this style:
- Shampoo and condition your hair with body building products.
- Towel blot and apply firm hold styling foam or styling gel. Comb it through from the roots to the ends.
- Blow dry your hair for body. You may want to turn your head upside down and dry the root area.
- When your hair is just damp on the ends, turn your head right side up and finish drying.
- Your hair may have enough body to continue with the French twist at this point or you may want to follow the next steps.
- Pre-heat a set of heated rollers. Set your hair on 5 or 6 large rollers
- Allow the rollers to cool before you remove them.
- Brush through your hair with a vent brush.
- Brush your hair all back and gather it in your hands high on the crown of your head.
- Insert the ends into the Twistii with about 3 inches of the ends extending out.
- The Twistii is held vertically.
- Turn the ends and the Twistii over and roll them together all the way to your scalp, creating the French roll.
- Pick up the stabilizer stick (that comes with the Twistii) down through top of the Twistii, keeping it close to your head, and through the hole at the bottom of the Twistii.
- Smooth your hair with a comb or hair brush, using a very light touch.
- Finish by spraying with a mist of hairspray.
|Create another style that is equally pretty and that can be worn for dressy or casual occasions.|
In this half updo, the Twistii is used to keep the top up.
- Prepare as in steps 1 through 5 above.
- Part off a section of hair in the front to serve as your bangs. Comb them over to the side and use a flat iron to sleek them and produce a glorious shine.
- Separate the top of your hair from the bottom.
- Brush it back firmly and insert the ends through the Twistii.
- This time the Twistii is held horizontally.
- Roll it down to your head and insert the stabilizer stick.
- Smooth it using a comb or hair brush and spray with medium to firm hold hair spray.
Find the Twistii - The Up Do Tool
EBook - Updos for Every Occassion
Updos for parties, proms, weddings or the office. Follow these simple instructions to begin creating them yourself!