What to Do About Dry Hair
From experience, many of us know that various chemical processes, such as hair color, permanent waves and relaxers, can have an instant drying effect.
The remedy for dry hair is constant care.
The best remedies begin at the root. Remember that your diet plays as much a part in the health of your hair as it does in your body. For natural hydration, drink 6 to 8 cups of water a day: more in hot weather or when you are involved in vigorous exercise.
The next step is to make sure that every product used on your hair adds moisture. Starting with your shampoo and ending with your styling glazes, foams, and sprays, search for quality products that will moisturize your hair.
There are some excellent shampoos and conditioners available to help re-hydrate dry hair. I suggest always using quality shampoos never skipping the conditioner. I’ll tell you about three of my favorite combinations of shampoo and conditioner. Check into styling products from each of these three lines.
- My favorite is LC Legacy Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner. It infuses moisture and nourishment and leaves a protective barrier on the outside of the hair shaft to guard against dryness and frizz.
- Another is Nioxin Smoothing Cleanser and Scalp Therapy. It hydrates the hair and keeps the scalp in great condition.
- Another is Redken’s All Soft Shampoo and Conditioner. It leaves the hair soft and shiny.
- LC Legacy Daily Shampoo and Conditioner add protein and is moisturizing without taking away body.
- Redken’s Clear Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner also provide weightless moisture.
- Nioxin Systems for fine hair will add moisture without sacrificing body.
- Nioxin’s Bliss is an excellent product. It protects from high degrees of heat and adds conditioners.
- LC Legacy Shine & Protect sleeks the hair while adding 10 vitamins for protection.
- Redken also produces products for thermal styling, such as Fabricate 03 or Spray Starch 15.
The use of heat in hair styling is necessary for today’s fashion but it can be very drying to your hair. When using heated rollers, curling irons or flat irons, always use a thermal protector.
- After considering all of the above, your hair may still feel dry. For extensive dryness and damage you may need special conditioning treatments. Read
The Spa Hair Treatment
Stressed Out Hair
at LC Legacy Hair Care
Shampoo and Conditioner
at LC Legacy Hair Care
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
You Should Also Read:
Beat Bad Hair Days
Thicker Healthier Hair
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Lynne Chapman. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Lynne Chapman. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.