This chicken stir fry recipe is quick and simple to make. The combination of quick fried chicken with frozen stir fry vegetables in a simple to make sauce creates the perfect meal in less than half an hour. These days frozen stir fry vegetables can be found in almost any local grocery store. Using these pre bagged vegetables saves time and energy making them perfect for when you’re in a crunch.
Chinese basic white sauce usually consists of a combination of chicken broth, sherry or shao hsing wine, soy sauce, sugar, and sometimes a little ginger. This sauce works well with almost any chicken or pork stir fry and is quick and simple to make. Try this recipe and let me know what you think in the Chinese food forum. Enjoy!
To see a video of these instructions click here.
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1.5 lbs)
1/8 tsp garlic salt
12oz bag frozen stir fry vegetables
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tbsp peanut oil
¾ cup chicken broth
2 ½ tbsp shao hsing wine
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sugar
- Remove all of the fat from the chicken and then cut each breast into 1 inch pieces.
- Sprinkle these pieces with the garlic salt and using your hand mix it in thoroughly. Then set the pieces aside while preparing the other ingredients.
- Place the vegetables in a microwavable safe bowl and microwave them on high for about 5 minutes, or just until they are cooked through. Then drain them in a colander and set them aside.
- In a large cup, mix together all of the ingredients for the sauce and set this mixture aside.
- In a small cup, mix the cornstarch with a little water just until it dissolves and set it aside.
- Heat a non stick wok on high. Once the wok is hot add the peanut oil and let it get hot.
- When the oil is hot, add the chicken and stir fry it until it browns, about 6 to 8 minutes. To help the chicken brown quickly, let it sit for about 2 minutes on one side, then stir it, flipping it over. Let it sit again for another 2 minutes before stirring once more.
- Once the chicken browns, add in the vegetables and the sauce mixture. Mix everything up together and let the sauce come to a boil.
- Once the sauce boils add in the cornstarch mixture and stir until it becomes thick.
- Then remove it from the heat and serve. This is great with both fried rice and white steamed rice. Makes 3 generous servings.