Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Protecting Your Skin
You can naturally preserve the beauty of your skin with healthy skin rituals.
* Eat healthy foods such as green vegetables, lean protein, fruits, and whole grains will help your skin to look radiant.
* Take a daily multivitamin to help your skin and body to stay healthy. Choose a multivitamin that contains antioxidants, essential amino acids and minerals. These nutrients work within the body to prevent wrinkles and aging.
* Evening primrose oil contains essential gamma linolenic acids that promote healing and anti-aging properties for the skin. Evening primrose oil can be taken internally or applied externally for beautiful skin results.
* Vitamin E heals and protects the organs of the body, especially the heart and brain. Vitamin E is an antioxidant that reduces the aging of the skin. It naturally moisturizes the skin and helps it heal and repair itself. Vitamin E is also a very relaxing vitamin. Try taking it when you feel stressed and need to relax. It will help you drift into a peaceful sleep at bedtime.
* Fish oil taken internally is a healthy skin moisturizer. Fish oil is rich in Omega 3 fatty acids, which are healthy for your heart and brain. Fish oil helps the skin to look younger and radiant. It will also will help your hair to grow longer and become healthier.
* Daily sun protection is a healthy life habit. Use a sunscreen daily to prevent skin cancer, and protect the skin from damaging ultraviolet rays, which can cause aging of the skin. Makeup and moisturizers that contain sunscreen can also be very helpful in protecting your skin.
* The sun can also damage the eyesight as well as the retina and cornea of the eye. Wear sunglasses while outdoors or driving to protect the health of your skin and eyes. Dark sunglasses that offer ultraviolet protection work well to prevent damage to the skin and eyes.
* Consider lightly tinting the windows of your car. Strong sunlight shining through the windows of your car can cause your skin to burn and wrinkle over time.
* All computers emit some level of radiation. Moving your computer screen a safe distance from you will help to protect your skin from the damaging effects the radiation may cause. Using a radiation filter on your computer will protect your skin and health.
* Tanning beds emit Ultraviolet A (UVA) rays. Tanning from the sun emits Ultraviolet B (UVA) rays. Both types of ultraviolet rays are equally harmful to the skin. Avoid tanning to prevent wrinkle formation, photo aging, and skin cancer.
* Avoid smoking to preserve skin health. Smoking deteriorates the vital organs and health of the body. It decreases the amount of oxygen, blood flow, and nutrients the organs receive. The skin as the largest organ of the body, suffers greatly from smoking. Smoking leaves the facial skin very susceptible to deep wrinkle formation and aging.
* Use a moisturizer with natural ingredients to nourish and regenerate the skin. Examples are vitamin C, aloe, vitamin E, shea butter, olive oil, antioxidants, and pentapeptides (collagen boosters). Moisturizer is essential if your skin is mature or dry. It works to keep the skin hydrated and allows it to stretch without wrinkling when facial expressions are made.
* The simplest way to look younger is to prevent wrinkles around the eyes. It is important to keep the eye area moisturized at all times. An emollient applied to the eye skin will prevent wrinkles and help the eyelashes to grow longer. Eye moisturizers made with natural oil, mineral oil, petroleum jelly, and vitamin E work well to hydrate the delicate eye area.
* Water hydrates the skin from the inside out, and is one of the best natural moisturizers and wrinkle preventatives. Drink plenty of filtered water each day to help your skin radiate natural health and beauty.
* Avoid facial expressions that stretch the skin while it is dry. This will prevent wrinkle formation. To preserve the beauty of your skin avoid laughing hard, yawning widely, squinting hard, and wrinkling the forehead at all times and especially when the skin is dry.
* Vitamin C heals the skin tissue, and increases the production of collagen. Collagen stimulates cell regeneration and helps the skin texture to stay smooth and young looking. It is helpful to apply skin care products made with vitamin C to regenerate the skin and prevent wrinkles. Taking vitamin C in supplement form also works as a wrinkle preventative.
* To prevent facial wrinkles, improve your sleeping positions, to allow for more comfort sleeping on your back.
* The use of a silk pillowcase while sleeping is very effective for preventing wrinkles around the eyes. These soft pillowcases treat the skin gently and prevent the eye area from stretching and pulling during the nighttime rest period.
* Massage the skin to help stimulate circulation and cell regeneration. Facial massage is both relaxing and beneficial, and it can help your skin to heal.
| Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2013 by danielle barone. All rights reserved.
This content was written by danielle barone. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact danielle barone for details.
Website copyright © 2013 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.