Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
FAQ's & STAT's for 2011
Lists are alwyas fun. Below you will find a list combining several recent polls that have been published for the PDA/Smartphone arena.
* 1 billion smartphones expected to be in circulation by 2013
* Mobile APP downloads will surpassed 4 billing in 2010 and is expected to grow to 21 billion by 2013
* Apple sold more than 10 million tablets in 2010, Samaung 1 million+ in 2010 and predictions are that 55 million tablets (combined) will sell in 2011
* Improved analytics will enable businesses to optimize applications and the user experience in 2011
* 35% of Twitter's active users access the service through their mobile devices
* 2 million web sites online are NOT YET mobile ready
* Mobile consumption habits are different than online and so APP's will play a role in providing a unique mobile experience
* 2011 will see traditional publishers launching new, mobile only brands
* Vertical focused content will be used to create greater user stickiness
* 2011 will see mobile APP's leverage new distribution channels and, as a result, new discover new options
* Free SMS/video/text/calls are now the norm and will bring about the introduction of new ad units, including interactive and partial screen ads
* LBS (location-based) + AR (augmented reality) will be the leading integrated mobile technlogy in the market
* 2011 will see mobile micropayments become more accessable for the consumer
* Mobile blogging will re-emerge in 2011
* It is expected that by 2011 over 85% of handsets shipped globally will have browser capabilities
* The mobile market will jump on the 3D bandwagon
* QR barcodes will emerge as a powerful information and marketing tool in 2011
* There are 4x's the number of mobile phones verses PC's today
* Over 130 billion text messages are sent EACH month
* It is 25% more likely that consumers will redeem coupons found on their mobile phones
* 2011 has been dubbed 'the year of the mobile app'
* Business ties into mobile APPS (such as coupons) is estimated to reach 50% market share by the end of 2011
PDA's of the past are now the Smartphones of the future. . .Small businesses and consumers alike must realize this trend and begin optimizing their world and reap the rewards of mobile APP's.
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2014 by Kathryn K Free. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Kathryn K Free. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Kathryn K Free for details.
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.