Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Thoughts for Dealing with Stress
There are many good things in life to appreciate and enjoy. At the same time, we know realistically that every day will not be perfect. There will always be times when we will have stress. Sometimes the stress is caused by a circumstance, something that happens or a negative person. The important thing to remember is that there are many ways to feel better when dealing with stress.
1. Remember the old saying “ this too will pass.” When we are stressed out we forget that this problem we are dealing with, is one of many things we will get through in our life. And if you take the time to look back, you will remember that there were many instances and many problems you faced and conquered. Whatever is going on in your life at this moment, “this too will pass.” Say it often in your mind so that you absorb its true meaning.
2. Remember the basics of taking care of yourself. During times of stress, it is so important to eat, sleep, exercise, talk with a friend, anything that keeps both your mind and body healthy should be your focus.
3. Look at old photographs. As you are looking through the pictures they will remind you of all the people you have known and loved, and laughed with in your life. More importantly it will help you remember the times of your life. Some of the times were good, and some were not so good but you got through just fine. Sometimes we need to remind ourselves of who we once were in order to see how far we have come.
4. Keep a journal. The process of writing things down helps to relieve mental stress. Find a notebook you feel comfortable with, and sit down as often as you can in quiet and listen to your own thoughts and write down whatever comes to mind. Make lists, write solutions, poems, whatever you desire. Over time you will be surprised to find that writing can be very good therapy.
5. Treat yourself to something healthy that helps you to feel better. Now is a good time to make a list of things that make you feel good.
6. Rest and take a nap as often as you can. A nap will help to keep your mind and body healthy, especially in times of stress. Positivity and feeling better begins with resting.
7. Talk with a good friend. It’s a simple basic way to feel better. Friends are a treasure in this life. Friends listen and they care about us. They help us to put back together all of our pieces when the puzzle of our life is taken apart.
8. See the good in your life. When you see the good you create more of it in your life.
9. Be grateful for what you have. Realize there are many people in the world who have less, and sometimes nothing. Take the time to count your blessings each night before you sleep, not only will it help you see things more clearly but you will feel better.
| Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2015 by danielle barone. All rights reserved.
This content was written by danielle barone. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact danielle barone for details.
Website copyright © 2015 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.