This mushroom chicken stir fry combines diced chicken with mushrooms and zucchini in a deliciously flavorful sauce. Try this amazing mushroom chicken recipe and let me know what you think in the Chinese food forum. Enjoy!
To watch a video for these instructions click here
3 small boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 lb)
2 small zucchinis
8oz sliced white button mushrooms
2 tbsp peanut oil
1/8 tsp garlic salt
¼ cup chicken broth
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp sherry
1 tsp sugar
1/8 tsp ground ginger
1 tbsp cornstarch
¼ tsp garlic salt
- Remove all of the fat from the chicken and cut each breast into ½ inch to ¼ inch square pieces. Then sprinkle these pieces with the garlic salt, using your hand to evenly coat each piece. Let the chicken marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- While the chicken marinates prepare the other ingredients. Rinse the zucchinis under cold running water and dry them thoroughly. Slice off the ends and discard. Cut the remaining zucchinis into ¼ inch thick round slices and set them aside.
- Remove any dirt that may be on the mushrooms by gently tossing them in a colander under cold running water. Then dry them thoroughly with paper towels.
- In a large cup thoroughly mix together all of the ingredients for the sauce except for the cornstarch. Then set this mixture aside.
- In a small cup mix the cornstarch with just a little water until it dissolves. This will be used to thicken the sauce.
- Once the chicken marinates it’s time to start cooking. Heat a wok on high.
- When the wok is hot, add just 1 tablespoon of the peanut oil and let it get hot.
- Once the oil is hot add the chicken and stir fry it for 5 to 7 minutes, or until just slightly browned. Then remove it, place it on a plate and set it aside.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of peanut oil and let it get hot.
- Once it is hot add the zucchini and the mushrooms. Sprinkle them with the 1/8 teaspoon of garlic salt and stir fry them for about 3 minutes, or until slightly soft.
- Then add the sauce and return the chicken to the wok. Let the sauce come to a boil.
- When the sauce starts to come to a boil add the cornstarch mixture and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Then remove it from the heat and serve. This is delicious served with fried rice. Makes 3 servings.