Grilling is a simple and fun way to cook many types and cuts of meat. The high heat quickly sears and flavors the meat to create a delicious and warm main course. Depending on the type of grill you own, the cooking times for different meats may vary.
Chicken is one of the quickest and easiest meats to grill, which makes it great when you need to make dinner in a hurry. Marinated with a delicious Hoisin sauce this grilled chicken recipe is simple but packs a lot of flavor. Try this delicious chicken recipe and let me know what you think in the Chinese food forum found here. Enjoy!
To watch a video for these instructions click here.
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
7.5 oz jar hoisin sauce
- Remove all of the fat from the chicken. Then cut each breast in half long ways so that you have 4 thin chicken breasts.
- Next score the top of each piece of chicken so that there are horizontal slits about ½ way through the thickness of each piece. These slits will allow the hoisin sauce to penetrate the chicken and add a boost of flavor.
- Place the chicken in a bowl and add the hoisin sauce making sure to thoroughly coat each piece. Then using a fork, gently poke the back sides of each of the chicken pieces. Cover and let the chicken marinate for 1 hour.
- Once the chicken marinates, light a grill on high, cover it, and let it get hot.
- When the grill is hot, place each piece of chicken on the grill with the cut side down. Cover and let them cook for about 5 minutes. The cooking time may vary depending on the type of grill you have.
- After 5 minutes, flip the chicken over, cover and let them cook for another 3 to 5 minutes. The cooking times here are based on an infrared grill. The thickness of the chicken also plays a role in the cooking time. Always make sure that the chicken is cooked through. The best way is to use a meat thermometer. Once you become familiar with grilling it will become easy to judge the time it takes to cook different cuts of meat on your particular grill.
- Once the chicken is done, then it is ready to serve. This is great served on top of a salad with a side of Asian dressing. You can also serve it alongside some fried rice and stir fried green beans. Makes 4 servings.