This egg roll roll-up recipe is similar to an egg roll only it is a lot healthier since it is not deep fried. Stir fried chicken and cabbage with the flavors of garlic, green onion and ginger are stuffed into a delicious roll up wrap to create the perfect healthy and flavorful lunch. Try this amazing egg roll roll-up recipe and let me know what you think in the Chinese food forum. Enjoy!
To watch a video for these instructions click here
1 boneless skinless chicken breast
1½ tsp soy sauce
½ tbsp peanut oil
1½ tbsp stir fry oil
½ 14oz bag pre mixed coleslaw
1 tsp garlic salt
2 tbsp duck sauce
- Remove all of the fat from the chicken and cut it into thin long strips. Place these strips in a bowl and using your hand thoroughly mix in the soy sauce. Let the chicken marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Once the chicken marinates, heat a wok on high. Then add the peanut oil and let it get hot.
- When the oil is hot, add the chicken and stir fry it for 2 to 3 minutes, or until it is cooked through. Then remove it, place it on a plate and set it aside.
- Next, without wiping out the wok, add just one tablespoon of the stir fry oil. Remember stir fry oil has the flavors of garlic, green onion and ginger already infused in it. This saves time and adds lots of flavor to the dish.
- When the oil is hot, add the coleslaw mix and sprinkle in the garlic salt. Stir fry this for 30 seconds.
- Then add the remaining ½ tablespoon of stir fry oil and stir fry the cabbage for another 30 seconds to a minute, or just until it is slightly soft.
- Next, return the chicken to the wok and stir until everything is mixed together.
- Once everything is mixed together, remove it from the heat and let it cool slightly.
- Now it’s time to fill the roll up. Spread a thin even layer of the duck sauce over the entire roll up. Then add the cabbage and chicken mixture to the center.
- Slowly bring one side up over the mixture and roll to close.
- Then place it on a plate, cut it in half and serve. Makes 1 roll up.