Layers of ladyfingers, cream, and mandarin oranges come together to make the perfect treat. This delicious dessert is great for those of you who will be celebrating Easter this year. This mandarin orange cake is simple to make, but does require overnight refrigeration so make sure to prepare it the day before. Try this delicious mandarin orange cake recipe and let me know what you think in the Chinese food forum. Enjoy!
To watch a video for these instructions click here.
2 packs of cream cheese
1½ cups heavy cream
butter to grease the baking dish
2 cups powdered sugar
2 cans of mandarin oranges in light syrup
- Before starting this recipe remove the cream cheese from the refrigerator and let it sit out for an hour, or until it is soft. If you want to soften it quickly, remove it from the wrapping. Place it in a microwave safe bowl and microwave it on high for 10 to 20 seconds, or until soft.
- When the cream cheese is soft place it in a large bowl and add in the heavy cream. Carefully mix these with a hand mixer on low for about 1 minute or until it is thoroughly combined. If the cream cheese is not soft enough the mixture may splatter. If it starts to splatter simply use a spoon and mix it until it is combined enough to use the hand mixer.
- Once they are mixed together thoroughly, slowly add in the powdered sugar, just a little at a time.
- When all of the powdered sugar is mixed in, beat the mixture on high for about 1 minute or until the consistency is fluffy and smooth.
- Next grease a baking dish with a little butter on a paper towel. For this recipe I use an 8 x 11¾ enamel cast iron dish.
- Then add the lady fingers in two rows with the flat sides up.
- Carefully spread a layer of the cream and cream cheese mixture on top of the lady fingers.
- Then place 1/3 of the mandarin oranges in a layer on top of the cream mixture. Place them in 3 rows long ways. This way when cut into slices each slice will have at least one whole slice of orange.
- Repeat this layering process 2 more times, starting with the lady fingers and ending with a layer of oranges.
- Once you have three finished layers carefully cover it and place it in the refrigerator for 12 hours.
- After 12 hours you can cut it into slices and serve. Try to cut along the ladyfingers so that each slice has a layering of 3 whole ladyfingers. Makes 16 servings.