This garlic string beans stir fry recipe makes the perfect accompaniment to any meal. Fresh string beans tossed in a flavorful mix of garlic, ginger and soy sauce are sure to please the whole family.
String beans are a great way to bring fresh vegetables to the table. When purchasing fresh string beans make sure to choose those with a nice green color and without any brown spots. Also be sure that they are firm to the touch. To store them place them in a plastic bag without washing them along with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture and place them in the refrigerator. Wash them only right before using.
Try this delicious garlic string beans stir fry recipe and let me know what you think in the Chinese food forum found here. Enjoy!
To watch a video of these instructions click here.
Ĺ lb. fresh string beans
2 cloves of garlic
ľ inch piece of ginger
1 tbsp peanut oil
2 tbsp soy sauce
- Rinse the string beans under cold running water and drain them in a colander. Then snap off the ends and pull the string that runs down the side of each bean off completely and discard.
- Place the trimmed beans in a microwave safe bowl. Cover them completely with hot water and microwave on high for about 2 Ĺ minutes or just until they are crisp tender. This is comparable to parboiling and can be done the traditional way by boiling the beans in a large pot for about 2 Ĺ minutes as well.
- Once they are crisp tender drain them thoroughly in a colander and then lay them out to dry while preparing the other ingredients.
- Using the back of a large knife, gently smash the garlic cloves. This makes them easier to peel. Then peel them and mince them into tiny pieces and set these pieces aside.
- Using a knife or the back of a spoon carefully peel the ginger. Then mince it and set it aside.
- Now itís time to start cooking. Heat a wok on high. Once itís hot add the peanut oil and let it get hot.
- When the oil is hot add the garlic and ginger and stir fry them for about 10 to 20 seconds or just until fragrant.
- Then add the par-boiled green beans and stir fry them for 30 seconds.
- Then add the soy sauce and stir for another 20 seconds or just until the string beans are coated with the sauce.
- Then you can remove it from the heat and serve. Makes about 3 servings.