Lobster fried rice is a restaurant favorite that combines chunks of delicious lobster with a flavorful mix of vegetables and rice to make the perfect side to any meal. Try this delicious lobster fried rice recipe and let me know what you think in the Chinese food forum found here. Enjoy!
Pre cooked lobster meat can usually be found in the seafood section of most local grocery stores. The meat also comes frozen and canned as well. However if you want to prepare your own fresh lobster for this recipe you can simply steam about one and a half pounds of lobster to yield the amount of meat used in this recipe.
1 cup pre cooked lobster meat
1 large carrot
1 large green onion
1 clove garlic
Ĺ cup frozen peas
2 cups cooked cold long grain white rice
2 tbsp peanut oil
1 tbsp soy sauce
Ĺ tsp garlic salt
- Chop the lobster meat into small Ĺ inch pieces and set them aside.
- Then peel the carrot and cut off the ends and discard. Cut the remaining stalk into small ľ inch squares. Place these squares in a bowl and cover them with hot water. Then microwave them on high for 1 to 2 minutes or just until crisp tender. If you donít have a microwave or prefer not to use one, you can simply boil them in a medium pot of water until they are crisp tender. Then remove them and drain them thoroughly in a colander and set them aside.
- Rinse the green onion under cold running water and dry it thoroughly. Then cut off the base and about 1 inch from the top of the onion and discard. Peel off any wilted pieces as well. Then cut the remaining stalk into small slices and set them aside.
- Using the back of a knife, carefully smash the garlic clove. This makes it easier to peel. Then peel it dice it into tiny pieces and set it aside.
- Defrost the peas by placing them in a colander and running hot water over them. Then shake off the excess water and lightly pat them with a paper towel to dry and set them aside.
- Next, use your hands to squeeze out all of the lumps from the rice and then set it aside.
- Now itís time to start cooking. Add the peanut oil to a wok and let it get hot.
- Once hot, add the garlic and green onion and stir fry them for about 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Then add the rice and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Then make a large well in the center of the rice. Crack the egg directly into the well and stir fry it until it is cooked through, a little less than 1 minute. Then mix it into the rice.
- Once the egg is thoroughly mixed in, add the carrots, peas, soy sauce, garlic salt and lobster to the rice. Mix everything together thoroughly and stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the lobster and vegetables are heated through.
- Then remove it from the heat and place it in a large bowl to serve. Makes 3 to 4 servings.