This quick and easy wonton cup appetizer recipe takes wonton wrappers, bakes them into cup shapes that are then filled with a delicious vegetarian cashew stir fry. These easy appetizer cups can be filled with almost any stir fry that has a thick sauce. If you want to use a stir fry that has a thinner sauce you can simply thicken it with a little cornstarch before filling these cups. This recipe is perfect for unexpected company and can be made ahead of time as well. Try this quick and simple vegetarian wonton cup appetizer recipe and let me know what you think in the Chinese food forum found here. Enjoy!
To watch a video of these instructions click here.
Vegetarian cashew and peppers stir fry found here.
12 wonton wrappers
- Have the vegetarian cashew and peppers stir fry already made. If you make this ahead of time, cover and refrigerate the stir fry until the wonton cups are prepared.
- To make the wonton cups you will need to turn the oven temperature to 350 Fahrenheit.
- Then while the oven preheats in an ungreased muffin pan press a wonton wrapper into each of the cups. There is no need to spray or grease the pan or the wonton wrappers. If you are vegan make sure to get the eggless wonton wrappers.
- Once all the cups are filled with the wrappers place the pan in the oven and bake them for 6 to 8 minutes. We want the edges of the cups to be light brown in color.
- Once the edges are lightly browned remove them from the oven and let them cool just until you are able to touch them.
- While the cups are cooling, heat the stir fry mixture by either placing it in the microwave or heating the mixture in a pan. We want to make sure the stir fry is slightly warm right before filling the cups and serving them.
- When the cups are cool to the touch place a little of the stir fry mixture into each of them. Then they are ready to serve. This makes 12 appetizer cups.
- To make these ahead of time simply make the cups and the stir fry and keep the stir fry in the refrigerator and the cups at room temperature. Then heat up the stir fry just before placing it into the cups and serving.