This Chinese peanut dipping sauce recipe is always a favorite and one of my most requested recipes. This sauce can be used as a pouring sauce for chicken and other meats, though I prefer to use it as a dipping sauce for spring rolls, crispy wide noodles, and chicken skewers.
This delicious peanut sauce is made with hot water, which helps dissolve both the sugar and the peanut butter. The final sauce is warm and is perfect for using as a pouring sauce. However to thicken the sauce so that it becomes a nice consistency for dipping, it needs to be refrigerated for 20 to 30 minutes. Once it becomes thick it should be remove from the refrigerator and brought to room temperature for serving. So make sure to prepare this ahead of time if you are using it for a dipping sauce. Also, it can be made in advance, stored in the refrigerator and then brought to room temperature right before serving.
To see a video of how I make this delicious peanut dipping sauce at home click here.
3 tbsp hot water
¼ cup creamy peanut butter
½ tbsp hot chili garlic sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tbsp sugar
½ tbsp lime juice
- Make sure that the water is very hot and then mix the sugar into it stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Once the sugar dissolves add in the peanut butter and carefully stir until it dissolves into the water. The peanut butter will be a bit difficult to melt. The key is to stir slowly and carefully. This will take about a minute and a half of constant stirring.
- Once the peanut butter dissolves it will become smooth like melted butter. When it gets to this consistency add in the remaining ingredients and stir until they are thoroughly incorporated into the sauce.
- Now this sauce is ready to use on chicken and other warm meats and vegetables.
- To use this sauce on spring rolls and crispy noodles you want it to be a bit thicker, so just cover it with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. Once it thickens in the refrigerator, take it out and let it come to room temperature. Then it is ready to serve for dipping. To store this sauce just cover and keep it in the refrigerator. This peanut sauce can be stored for up to 1 week.