This mushroom fried rice recipe is perfect served along side chicken or any other main dish. It also makes a great vegetarian dish especially topped with some fried tofu. To see a video of step by step instructions on how to make this delicious fried rice click here.
3 cups leftover cold long grain white rice
8oz sliced mushrooms
2 cloves garlic
3 tbsp peanut oil
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tbsp sherry
Ĺ cup frozen peas
1 tbsp soy sauce
Salt and pepper
- Make sure that the rice is cold, leftover rice works best when making this or any fried rice recipe. Use your hand and break up any lumps that may have formed in the cold rice.
- Next clean the mushrooms by gently wiping them with a damp paper towel.
- Smash the garlic cloves with the back of a knife and peel them. Then mince them into tiny pieces and set them aside.
- Heat a wok on high and once it is hot add just one tablespoon of the peanut oil, swirl it around the bottom of the wok and let it get hot.
- When the oil is hot add the mushrooms and stir fry them for 3 minutes. Then add the garlic salt and the sherry and stir fry the mushrooms with these seasonings for another minute.
- After another minute remove the mushrooms from the wok, place them on a plate and set them aside.
- Then without wiping out the wok, heat it back on high and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of peanut oil and let it get hot.
- When the oil it hot add the garlic and stir fry it for 30 seconds or just until fragrant.
- Then add the rice and stir fry for it for 1 minute and then add in the frozen peas. Stir fry the rice and peas for one more minute.
- Then add the mushrooms and the soy sauce and stir fry everything for another minute.
- After a minute taste the rice to see if you want to add any salt and pepper. Then once you mix in the salt and pepper you can remove it from the heat and serve.