This quick and easy Chinese chicken salad recipe is perfect for those busy days when youíre searching for something quick to make that is healthy and energizing. Most of these ingredients can easily be found in local grocery stores. If you have trouble finding organic spring mix, feel free to use iceberg or any other type of lettuce that you love. Also, whole rotisserie chickens can usually be found in the deli section of most grocery stores and are perfect for quick and easy recipes that call for pre cooked chicken. If the store near you doesnít carry this type of chicken, you can substitute with left over cooked meat, canned tuna or even sliced fresh tofu for a vegetarian option.
Click here to watch a video of step by step instructions on how to make this quick and easy Chinese chicken salad.
3 to 4oz organic spring mix salad
ĺ cup of sliced white button mushrooms
2 green onions
ĺ cup pre shredded carrots (These can usually be found pre shredded in most local grocery stores.)
1 rotisserie chicken breast
Thin Chinese chow mein noodles
- In a colander rinse the spring mix salad with cold water and then set it aside to dry.
- Using a damp paper towel gently rub off any dirt that may be on the sliced mushrooms and set them aside.
- Rinse off the green onions and dry them thoroughly. Then cut off and discard the ends and dice both the white and green parts of the remaining stalks and then set these diced onions aside.
- Now itís time to start building the salad. Place the spring mix in the bottom of a large bowl.
- Then on top of the spring mix place the diced green onions, shredded carrots, and sliced mushrooms in three divided sections.
- Next remove the skin from the rotisserie chicken breast and cut it into thin slices about 1/8 of an inch thick. Then carefully lift the entire sliced breast and place it on top of the salad right in the center of the green onions, carrots and mushrooms. Carefully pull the slices slightly apart so that they look neat and organized.
- Then top everything with the chow mein noodles and serve with some homemade Asian salad dressing which the recipe for can be found here. This makes one large salad that is similar to the size of most restaurant salads.