This steamed garlic chicken recipe is perfect for a simple lunch. Served along side a small green salad, itís perfect for those who are on a healthy diet. This is also delicious served with some white steamed rice and a side of steamed broccoli. To increase the portions, simply double or triple the recipe keeping each chicken breast and the garlic and soy sauce portions in separate bowls. You can also wrap each portion in foil and then steam them as well, enjoy.
1 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 tbsp soy sauce
1Ĺ cloves of garlic
- Remove all of the fat from the chicken breast and then score it by cutting horizontal slits in the top of the breast that are only about ľ inch deep. Make sure not to cut through the breast itself.
- Once it is scored, place it in a shallow bowl. Make sure that this bowl fits comfortably inside your steamer basket. If you donít have the right sized bowl, then you can also use a large piece of foil as well.
- Peel the garlic and then mince it into tiny pieces.
- Add the minced garlic spreading it evenly on top of the chicken.
- Then drizzle the soy sauce evenly on top of the garlic.
- Next place the bowl inside the steamer basket and place a plate upside down on top of the bowl to cover it. You can also cover it with plastic wrap as well. Now if you are using foil, simply wrap the foil up around the chicken and seal it tightly on top and then place it in the steamer basket.
- Bring the water for the steamer to a boil.
- Once it boils place the steamer basket on top, cover and let it steam for 12 to 15 minutes. Now depending on the thickness of the piece of chicken it may take a little longer to cook through, just make sure to check for doneness. Also, be careful not to overcook it or it will become a bit rubbery. The way in which you steam it will also effect the cooking time. Using a bowl and a plate will take a little longer than using a piece of foil.
- Once it is cooked through remove the cover and carefully remove the top plate. Then place the bowl on a plate and serve. This is delicious served with sides fried rice and vegetables, but I usually eat this for lunch along side a simple green salad.