Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Jurassic Park II - The Lost World
Ian Malcolm finds himself in the land of dinosaurs once again when he and four others as well as his daughter find themselves on a second site created by John Hammond. This time around they also have to contend with another INGEN expedition that plans on trapping the animals on the island and bringing them back to the mainland. While watching “The Lost World”, here are a few movie mistakes to look for.
· Ian, Eddie and Nick arrive on the island and have their first encounter with dinosaurs. During this scene, Eddie stops and in the close-up view, he’s holding the GPS device in his left hand. Ian is behind him holding the tranquilizer gun. It cuts to a far back view as the dinosaurs pass and Ian is now holding the GPS in his right hand while Eddie is carrying the gun. It cuts back to the front view and they’re carrying their original items. Another back view (where they turn around) and everything has changed again.
· Also during this scene, Nick starts taking photos with the camera that he’s carrying. When Ian makes the “running and screaming” comment, Nick can be seen pulling out what appears to be a silver video recorder. It cuts to a close-up of Nick and Eddie and Nick no longer has the video recorder and is back to using his regular camera.
· After they have been rescued by the other team and Sarah is discussing the raptors, a close-up view of Kelly shows her standing in front of Ian and his hands are on both of her shoulders. When Roland mentions the water source, Ian’s hand is only on her left shoulder. Then in the closer view, when Roland says they’ll head for the village, Ian’s left arm is wrapped around her and she is next to his left side.
· Sarah and Kelly run into the building when the raptors attack. While they’re digging a hole near the back to escape, one of the raptors is digging a hole under the front door and it’s almost big enough to stick its head under. But a few moments later, when Ian runs from the truck to the door, the hole that the raptor was digging isn’t there.
· CAUTION: May Contain Spoilers! Near the end of the film, when the T-Rex is causing chaos in the city, Ian and Sarah go to the INGEN facility to get the infant. When they pull up to the security stop, the car does not have a rearview mirror. A few moments later, when they pull into the facility, there’s one attached to the front windshield.
· CAUTION: May Contain Spoilers! The SS Venture crashes into the dock. There are pieces of the crews found on the ship but the T-Rex is still securely held in the cargo hold. This “goof” is actually caused by a scene with raptors getting aboard the ship and attacking the crew being cut from the final version of the film!
“The Lost World: Jurassic Park” stars Jeff Goldblum, Julianne Moore, Vince Vaughn, Vanessa Lee Chester, Richard Schiff, Pete Postlethwaite and Richard Attenborough. It runs 129 minutes and is rated PG-13 for intense sci-fi terror and violence.
Get your copy of "The Lost World" here!
Content copyright © 2015 by Isla Grey. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Isla Grey. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Isla Grey for details.
Website copyright © 2016 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.