Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Gru is evil, or so he thinks. The criminal mastermind, who is completely content in living a secluded life with his minions and causing as much mayhem as possible, hatches a plot to steal the moon. The scheme includes adopting three little girls: Agnes, Edith and Margo, to help steal a shrink ray from his nemesis, Vector. What Gru doesn’t expect is to slowly be turned into the dad that the little girls love. Here are a few movie mistakes to look for in the animated feature, “Despicable Me”.
· At the very beginning, when Justin is running up the scaffolding toward the pyramid, the guard says “easy little boy” and the rear view of Justin shows he’s on the middle boar of the scaffolding (the one with the V shape at the end) and the board to his right is longer. In the overhead view, the V shaped board is now the longer board.
· Gru is talking to Mr. Perkins at the Bank of Evil. Mr. Perkins has the apple in his left hand. It’s still in his left hand in the close-up when he’s saying “if we don’t start getting our money back…” but when he turns around and squishes the apple, it’s in his right hand.
· When the girls meet Gru at the orphanage, they place their suitcases on the floor. Miss Hattie says “meet Mr. Gru” and the view of the girls shows the front edge of Edith’s suitcase is on the light green tile and the rest of the suitcase is on the dark green tile. Margo’s and Agnes’ suitcases are on the light green tiles. When Miss Hattie says “he’s a dentist”, the view of the girls now shows the front edge of Edith’s suitcase is on dark green and the other half is on light green. Margo’s suitcase is still on light green but Agnes’ suitcase is now half on dark and half on light green. After Agnes runs to Gru, the view of Edith and Margo shows Edith’s suitcase on light green.
· When Agnes asks Gru to read a bedtime story, the close-up shows the coils of the book are in her left hand and the bottom part of the book has three holes and a purple and pink picture. It cuts to a view of Agnes and Gru when he says no and the same picture and holes are at the top of the book. When he walks away and shuts the door, the bottom of the book just has the holes but no picture. Also, in the close-up when Margo says “he’s just kidding Agnes”, the coil of the book is in her right hand but when she jumps under the covers, it’s in her left again.
· Gru and the girls stop at the amusement park and get on the roller coaster. The girls are in front with Gru sitting in the car behind them. There is a pink pull-down safety bar for each car but when the roller coaster stops, the one for the girls’ car and the last car are still there but the one for Gru is missing.
· When Gru finally reads the story to the girls about the kittens, he places the book on the stack that’s next to Edith’s bed. It’s still there when he tells them no kissing or hugging. It cuts to a view of the three girls when Margo starts to put the pillow in her bed and the book is gone from the stack. It’s back again in the view of them as they turn out the lights.
“Despicable Me” (2010) features the voices of Steve Carell, Jason Segel, Russell Brand, Julie Andrews, Will Arnett and Kristen Wiig. It runs 95 minutes and is rated PG for rude humor and mild action.
Get your copy of "Despicable Me" here:
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2013 by Isla Grey. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Isla Grey. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Isla Grey for details.
Website copyright © 2013 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.