Guest Author - Kathryn K Free
Fatherís Day is June 16th, 2013. What are you considering getting your dad? Something for work? A tie perhaps? PDAís have become very useful due to all the Smartphone APPS available. Here are a few suggestions to help him with both work and play.
1. ProShow Slideshow Creator: Create a slideshow from you pictures and videos with this APP. Memories are encouraging for a tough day at work and uplifting for every dadís heart. This APP allows you to add text and music plus share with the family. There are also themes to choose from, and if I am not mistaken, there is one for Fatherís Day! Available for the iPad and iPhone. Free and has a paid version.
2. Weberís On the Grill: Does you dad like to barbeque? These this APP is perfect for him! There are 280 classic Weber (that the grill manufacturer) recipes plus 40 recipes for rubs, marinades, and sauces. On top of that this APP comes with a grill timer that will ding or vibrate when the food is ready. Available for iPhone for $4.99.
3. iHandy Level: This is a great APP for the dad who is Ďhandyí. The iHandy Level APP assists with projects around the house with helpful hints. Like handing that great picture you are planning on giving your dad this Fatherís day. Available for iPhone, and it is FREE.
4. Shake-N-Tell: For the dadís who love telling a good story. There are story outlines, complete with characters, plots with twists and happy endings. Every good storyteller loves the improv adventures a good idea will bring. This APP give your entire family many hours of listening pleasure from dad.
5. Fatherís Day Activity APP: This APP is loaded with great ideas to do with your father. It is a FREE Android APP.
6. Google Sky Map: A fun APP that letís you see all the heavenly stars, constellations and planets. Just point your phone and see whatís there. Or point to the ground and see what is viewable on the other side of the planet! A FREE Android APP.
And donít forget all those APPS that let you create a Fatherís Day Card.