Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
The Lamberts should be a happy family in their new home. But when strange things happen at the house and their oldest son, Dalton, becomes comatose, the family decides to move. They soon learn that it’s Dalton who’s become the prey for an entity who has trapped him in The Further, a dark realm. Here are a few movie mistakes to look for while watching “Insidious”.
· At the beginning of the movie, Renai is looking through a photo album. She puts the photo album on the floor when Dalton gets on her lap. When she tells him she can’t sleep either, the view of the open album on the floor shows there is no photo at the top of the left page, only a circular one at the bottom. It’s still that way when she picks the photo album off the floor and asks Dalton if he wants to see it. As she starts to turn the page, it cuts to a close-up of the album and the page she’s turning is different. There are now two pictures on the page. The bottom photo is also different than the previous view and the ones on the right are different as well. A few moments later when Renai says “I wish you were right”, the overhead view shows they’re back on the original page.
· When Josh comes home, Foster jumps from the sofa and runs to him. The view of the coffee table shows a bowl of popcorn near the middle with a turtle, a curved snake-like figure and another item next to the bowl. When Josh kisses Renai, the view of the table shows only the curved figure is still there. The figure is still the only one there when Renai asks about her sheet music. But when Josh mentions the movers might have put it in the den, the turtle and other item are back on the table. It’s just the curved figure again when Josh picks up the baby and says “we’ll find it”.
· Dalton starts to scream in the attic and his parents run to him. Josh gets off the sofa and his blue shirt is unbuttoned and untucked, showing the white t-shirt he’s wearing underneath. It’s the same way when he’s running up the stairs. But when Josh gets to the attic, his blue shirt is buttoned and tucked neatly inside his pants. He’s also wearing a dark necktie that he wasn’t wearing when he was running upstairs!
· Renai is telling Josh about what she had heard on the baby monitor. The front view of them in bed shows her left arm is draped across her stomach and she’s holding her right arm up with her hand near her face. But when it cuts to a closer side view when they hear the knocking, her right arm is down with her right hand holding her left hand and her left arm is out, away from her stomach.
· Josh goes downstairs to investigate the knocking. He flips the switch for the porch light and the light goes out. It’s still that way throughout the scene. But the last view during the scene is an outside shot of the house and the porch light is now on.
· Josh is talking to Dalton after kicking Elise and her team out of the house. One of Dalton’s drawings falls down. The close-up shows the picture landing on the desk at an angle with the upper corner against the green dinosaur statue. To the right is a dark cup with markers and an orange cup sitting upright. But when Josh picks the picture up, the overhead view shows the picture is in the middle of the desk and isn’t touching anything. The orange cup has also been knocked over.
“Insidious” (2010) stars Patrick Wilson, Rose Byrne, Ty Simpkins, Lin Shaye and Barbara Hershey. It runs 103 minutes and is rated PG-13 for thematic material, violence, terror and frightening images, and brief strong language.
Get your copy of "Insidious" here:
Content copyright © 2015 by Isla Grey. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Isla Grey. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Isla Grey for details.
Website copyright © 2015 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.