Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
A Christmas Story
Ralphie only has one thing on his mind: he wants a Red Ryder B.B. Gun for Christmas. But with the constant antics of his family and friends, along with the constant threat that if he got the B.B. gun, he’d shoot his eye out, will he receive his prized gift and have a Merry Christmas or will all of his hopes be dashed? Here are a few movie mistakes to look for while watching “A Christmas Story”.
• The family’s vehicle is frozen and Ralphie’s dad walks in the house to get some water. As he’s walking through the dining room, Ralphie’s dad takes his hat off and tosses it on the table. The hat falls into a chair. It’s still there when Ralphie’s dad goes downstairs to fix the furnace. But when Ralphie’s mom walks over to open the damper, his dad’s hat is suddenly on the table.
• Ralphie is on the way to school and meets Flick along the way. At first Flick has his book in his left hand and it has a yellow cover. In the very next view of them, when Schwartz joins them, the book’s cover is now blue.
• Ralphie’s dad receives a major award. When the crate first arrives at the house, it’s standing outside the door. There is a rope around the crate between the words “This End Up” and “Fragile”. But when the delivery people bring the crate into the house, the rope is now missing. Also there is a considerable amount of packing straw on the back of Ralphie’s dad’s sweater when he’s digging through the crate. But the straw is gone when he stands up after finding the lamp!
• Everyone is opening presents on Christmas morning. During the scene, the sweater that Ralphie’s dad is wearing alternates between being off, to on his shoulders, to off again especially during close-ups.
• CAUTION: May Contain Spoilers! Before the Bumpus’ dogs run rampant through the house, Ralphie’s mom is fixing Christmas dinner. While the turkey is sitting on the table, his mom places a sealed jar on the table. Later, when the dogs have knocked over the table, Ralphie’s dad comes in the kitchen. An overhead view of the mess on the floor shows there’s no jar. After the dogs run out, Ralphie’s mom starts to cry and another view of the floor is shown. This time the jar is there.
“A Christmas Story” (1983) stars Peter Billingsley, Melinda Dillon, Darren McGavin and Scott Schwartz. It runs 94 minutes and is rated PG for brief mild violence and language and some bullying.
Get your copy of "A Christmas Story" here:
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2015 by Isla Grey. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Isla Grey. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Isla Grey for details.
Website copyright © 2016 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.