New Year's Eve
• Ingrid is talking to her boss about her bonus. He takes out his checkbook and writes a check. When he hands it to her, the front view of him shows that he closes the checkbook with his left hand. It cuts to a rear view of him (front view of Ingrid) as she looks at the check and the checkbook is open in his left hand on the desk.
• Laura throws eggs at Jensen’s poster. The first two times she throws the eggs, her chef’s coat is buttoned and closed. When Ava walks over with the tomatoes, Laura’s jacket is now unbuttoned and open. It’s buttoned/closed again when Ava asks if she can throw one and unbuttoned/open when Ava says “I’m a delicate girl”.
• Stan Harris is in his hospital bed talking to his doctor. The doctor is holding Stan’s chart in his hands. The chart is still there when the doctor asks if there’s anything else he needs. But when the doctor turns to leave, he’s not holding the chart and actually picks it up.
• Ingrid holds up her New Year’s resolution list for Paul to see and says she just took care of the first one. Number one says “Quit My Job”, Number Two says “Go to Bali” and the third resolution is three lines long. Ingrid folds the paper and shows him the tickets to the ball. He asks to see the list again a few moments later and Number one now says “Quit Job”, Number Two is the same and Number Three is now only one line that says “Breakfast At Tiffany’s”.
• When Paul and Ingrid are standing outside of Tiffany’s, he’s holding his coffee cup in his right hand. But in the front view, when Ingrid says “Cheers”, he’s holding the cup in his left hand and a bagel in his right one. It cuts to a close-up of them when he taps her cup and he’s holding his cup in his right hand.
• At the ball, when Rose Ahern is introduced, the close-up shows her holding her dog against her left side with his head near her shoulder. When she mentions “What better way to end this year”, the dog is now over her left shoulder. The scene cuts to a farther view when Rose says “I’ll simply say…” and she is holding the dog down, near her chest. It cuts to a right side view and the dog is once again over her left shoulder with its head on her back.
• When Grandpa Jed mentions “Serendipity” to Sam while they’re riding in the camper, he places the note/napkin on the table in front of him, beside the glass. The scene cuts to a wider view when Pastor Edwin asks “What’s the worst that can happen?” and the note is now near the edge of the table, in front of the glass.
• While they’re in the elevator, Elise mentions to Randy that they’ve been stuck there for hours and “we could have our own party”. The close-up of Randy shows him pull up the left sleeve of his jacket to his elbow. It cuts to a wider view of the two of them and Randy pulls his left jacket sleeve up to his elbow again.
• CAUTION: May Contain Spoilers! Claire leaves Kominsky in charge and hands the walkie-talkie to him. The front view of Claire shows she’s holding the walkie-talkie at the top, near the antenna. It cuts to a front view of Kominsky (rear view of Claire) and she’s holding the walkie-talkie around the middle.
• CAUTION: May Contain Spoilers! Jensen surprises Laura in the kitchen while she’s eating the bowl of chocolates. Laura spits the candy out, into a white cloth napkin and places it on the counter next to the tray. The scene cuts to a different angle when Laura turns around to face Jensen and the napkin is now flat on the tray. Also, when she walks away, the bowl of chocolates that was in front of the tray is now on the side of the tray where she had originally placed the napkin.
“New Year’s Eve” (2011) stars Michelle Pfeiffer, Zac Efron, Robert De Niro, Halle Berry, Cary Elwes, Alyssa Milano, Common, Jessica Biel, Seth Meyers, Sarah Paulson, Peter Allen Vogt, Katherine Heigl, Jon Bon Jovi, Sofia Vergara, Ashton Kutcher, Lea Michele, James Belushi, Sarah Jessica Parker, Abigail Breslin, Josh Duhamel, Joey McIntyre, Yeardley Smith, Penny Marshall, Hilary Swank, Ludacris, Hector Elizondo, Ryan Seacrest, Matthew Broderick and John Lithgow. It runs 118 minutes and is rated PG-13 for language including some sexual references.
Get your copy of "New Year's Eve" here:
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Isla Grey. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Isla Grey. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Isla Grey for details.