Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
The popular 1960’s sitcom came to the silver screen in the form of 2005’s “Bewitched”. When egocentric movie star Jack Wyatt has to movie duds to his name, he agrees to star in the remake of the iconic TV show with plans for his Darrin character to overshadow the new Samantha. But he gets more than he bargained for when he pursues and casts the unknown Isabel Bigelow in the role, who also happens to be a witch herself. Try to find these movie mistakes while watching “Bewitched”!
· Near the beginning, after running into her father at Bed, Bath and Beyond, Isabel and Nigel are at a diner. Isabel stacks the toast in front of her and as she’s putting two more pieces of bread in the toaster, there are six pieces of toast in front of her. The waitress asks “what can I get you” and there are only four pieces of toast stacked in front of Isabel. She snaps her fingers to send the clock back and the front view of Isabel now shows the six pieces of toast again.
· When they are filming the scene where Darrin and Samantha bump into each other, Jack falls down and the case he is carrying with his right hand first lands on its side. When they yell “cut”, he moves the case upright with his hand in the handle. Jacks says “How was I?” and he’s still holding onto the handle and the case is still upright. It cuts to the far view when they say “you were wonderful” and the case is on its side again.
· Isabel storms to her trailer after overhearing Jack and Ritchie. Her hair falls over her right eye. When Maria tells her the three options, Isabel pushes the loose hair behind her ear. But when she says “What would Samantha do?”, it shows the picture of Elizabeth Montgomery and then a close-up of Isabel and her hair is back over her right eye like it originally was.
· Isabel and Jack are on set after their romantic evening. She has a cup of tea with the string from the tea bag hanging out. When she sets the cup down, the string from the tea bag is facing away from the camera. It cuts to Jack with his shoe up to his ear telling her to “call me”. The scene goes back to Isabel and the cup is still sitting next to her but it’s been noticeably moved, with the string hanging at the left.
· When Sheila arrives and walks up to Jack, her wrap is over both shoulders. When she begins to sit down, the wrap is off her right shoulder but back on in the close-up. It’s off again in the side view of her when Jack makes the “Captain Underpants” comment. It alternates from being on in the close-ups and off in the right side view until she finally takes it off!
· Uncle Arthur and Jack are in the kitchen where Uncle Arthur is blending a drink for Jack. At first the top is on the blender but it’s off when Uncle Arthur pours the drink and slides the glass to Jack and walks over to him. It cuts to a close-up of the two of them and the top is back on the blender.
“Bewitched” (2005) stars Nicole Kidman, Will Ferrell, Michael Caine, Shirley MacLaine, Jason Schwartzman, Kristin Chenoweth, Heather Burns, Stephen Colbert, David Alan Grier and Steve Carell. It runs 102 minutes and is rated PG-13 for some language, including sex and drug references and partial nudity.
Get your copy of "Bewitched" here:
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2015 by Isla Grey. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Isla Grey. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Isla Grey for details.
Website copyright © 2015 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.