Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Sex And The City (2008)
The girls from New York made the jump from TV to the movie screen in 2008. Carrie Bradshaw is finally engaged to her on again, off again flame, Big. While the girls work on the wedding, Miranda has to struggle with her husband’s infidelity while Charlotte still yearns to become pregnant. Meanwhile, Samantha is finding that living in Los Angeles isn’t all that it’s cracked up to be. Here are a few movie mistakes to look for while watching “Sex and the City”.
• Carrie reads Big the letter written by Beethoven in “Love Letters of Great Men Volume 1”. When she turns the page to Beethoven’s letter, the library card is in her right hand, on top of the page. It cuts to a front view of Carrie and Big when he says “Bring it…” and she’s holding the card in her right hand, behind the book. The scene cuts to a view of the page she’s reading and the edge of the card can be seen on top of the book. It’s not in her hand when the scene cuts back to the front view of them. Also during this scene, after they read Beethoven’s letter, in the front view, Carrie closes the book and asks Big if he’s ever written her a love letter. It cuts to a close-up of the two of them when he mentions the “love fax” and the book is open.
• Carrie is trying on clothes from her closet to “take or toss”. She walks out of the bathroom with her white tutu. In the first front view while she’s dancing, Carrie’s blue bathroom door is closed behind her. It cuts to a close-up of her and the door behind her is open. It’s closed again after Miranda, Samantha and Charlotte show the “take” sign.
• Miranda is having lunch with the others the day after she finds out Steve cheated on her. In the front view, when she mentions that she’s not going to make it any sadder, Miranda is holding her fork in her right hand and switches it to her left when she asks for the salt. The fork is still in her left hand when she puts the salt shaker down. But, when it cuts to a left side view (front view of Samantha and Charlotte), Miranda has the fork in her right hand. It’s back in her left hand in the next close-up where she switches the fork to her right hand. The scene cuts back to the left side view of her and her right hand is empty and she can be seen picking up the creamer from the table. It cuts back to the front view when Carrie says she doesn’t “know if this question is allowed” and Miranda’s fork is back in her right hand.
• Big is sitting at the bar after the run-in with Miranda at the rehearsal dinner. Carrie walks up to him and wraps her arms around his neck. In the side view, her left hand falls behind his right shoulder and her right hand is on the back of his neck. When she makes the “…about to commence…” remark, the scene cuts to a close-up of Big (rear view of Carrie) and her right hand is now in front of him, against his collar, near his tie.
• In Mexico, Samantha brings a tray to Carrie. When Samantha says “Honey”, the first close-up of the tray shows a traditional porcelain tea pot with a lid. It cuts to a front view of Samantha when she says “You have to eat a little breakfast” and there is now a different teapot on the tray. It’s back to the original teapot when she sets the tray down and then back to the different/curvier one in the front view of Samantha. It continues to change throughout the scene, depending on the view.
• The girls are having dinner at the restaurant at the resort in Mexico. In the front view, when the waiter asks for the room number, Miranda has her menu open and is reading it. It cuts to a close-up of Carrie and Miranda’s menu is closed and she opens it. Also during this scene, Carrie’s menu is closed but she opens it when she makes the “feels like taking a bullet” comment. It cuts to a left side view of her (front view of Charlotte) and Carrie can be seen opening her menu again.
• The waiter at the restaurant comes to the table with four margaritas and a bottle of water. Charlotte is seen taking the top off the water and wiping the top of the bottle. The scene cuts to Carrie motioning for the extra margarita and the bottle water is back on the tray that the waiter is carrying.
• When Carrie and Louise are at the bar, Louise pulls out her “Love” keychain. In the front view, when Louise says “I’m bringing it to me, all day long”, she holds the keychain to her chest, near her throat. When it cuts to the left side view (front of Carrie), Louise is holding her left hand with the keychain up, next to her shoulder/hair.
• CAUTION: May Contain Spoilers! Carrie visits Charlotte at the hospital. Baby Rose’s left arm is out of her blanket, on Charlotte’s arm. But when Carrie says “Well, I have to say…”, the baby’s arm is wrapped inside the blanket. Rose’s arm is out, next to her head when Harry says “There was plenty of drama”.
“Sex and the City” (2008) stars Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, Cynthia Nixon, Chris Noth, Candice Bergen, Jennifer Hudson, David Eigenberg, Evan Handler and Jason Lewis. It runs 145 minutes and is rated R for strong sexual content, graphic nudity and language.
Get your copy of "Sex and the City" here":
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2014 by Isla Grey. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Isla Grey. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Isla Grey for details.
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.