Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
The Blind Side
Michael Oher, “Big Mike” to those who know him, is a homeless, struggling teenager when he’s taken in by Sean and Leigh Anne Tuohy. Michael not only must overcome his traumatic childhood and the violence that still waits for him but also has to focus with his education and the basics of learning football on the road to NFL stardom. Here are a few movie mistakes to look for while watching “The Blind Side”.
• Coach Cotton is talking to the board trying to convince them to admit Michael into school. When he says “Look at the wall”, the overhead view shows the two women have closed their red folders that are sitting on the table in front of them. Their hands are resting against the folders. The scene cuts to Coach Cotton when he says “you admit him because it’s the right thing to do” and then cuts to a front view of the board members where the woman in beige/tan has her hands resting on the folder which is now open.
• Leigh Anne stops to talk to Sean before going downstairs to check on Michael after the first night he stays with them. The neckline of her gray sweater has two points near her neck and then goes to a point near her chest. But the close-up of her when she notices Big Mike is gone shows the sweater no longer has the points near her neck.
• At Thanksgiving dinner, when Sean tells the kids to thank their mom “for driving to the store and getting this”, a view of his plate shows he has mashed potatoes and is piling green bean on it. It cuts to a wider view when Leigh Anne tells Michael to “eat all you want” and Sean is just putting mashed potatoes on his plate and the green beans aren’t there yet.
• Leigh Anne is having lunch with her friends after the Christmas card has been sent out. In the close-up of Elaine when she comments that Leigh Anne should “make it official and just adopt him”, some of the golden discs on her necklace are askew. They’re still that way when she asks Leigh Anne what would her dad say. But in the close-up of Elaine when Leigh Anne mentions “you were at the funeral”, off of the golden discs on her necklace are flat/straight. They’re askew again when Elaine says “he’s a boy…” and straight in the close-up of Elaine after Leigh Anne says “Shame on you”.
• Sean is talking to Michael while Miss Sue is watching basketball. In the front view of him when he mentions “forward the light brigade”, Sean leans down onto the kitchen counter (his arms extend across it). It cuts to a close-up of Miss Sue and Sean can be seen in the background standing straight up. When Michael asks “someone made a mistake”, the view of Sean shows him leaning over the counter again.
• At graduation, when Leigh Anne sits down, her necklace is askew, hanging down and towards her right. In the close-up, when she says “Michael’s final GPA”, the necklace is hanging straight down. It cuts to a view of her and Sean when he asks if she broke into the principal’s computer and her necklace is askew again.
“The Blind Side” (2009) stars Sandra Bullock, Tim McGraw, Quinton Aaron, Jae Head, Lily Collins, Ray McKinnon and Kathy Bates. It runs 129 minutes and is rated PG-13 for one scene involving brief violence, drug and sexual references.
Get your copy of "The Blind Side" here:
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2015 by Isla Grey. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Isla Grey. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Isla Grey for details.
Website copyright © 2016 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.