Little Miss Sunshine
When Olive gets a spot in the Little Miss Sunshine competition, the entire family decides to make the trip in their yellow VW bus. Will the dysfunctional family be able to survive the trip and each other? Here are a few movie mistakes to look for while watching “Little Miss Sunshine”.
• At the very beginning of the movie, Sheryl picks Frank up at the hospital. When they’re riding in the car on the way home, Frank is wearing a white t-shirt. But once they arrive at the house, Frank walks in and is wearing a long sleeved shirt.
• When the family is eating dinner together, the bottle of Sprite changes when Olive mentions the Little Miss Chili Pepper competition. In the long view of the table, the bottle is to the right of Sheryl, between her and Dwayne. There is a left close-up of Olive and the bottle is next to her right hand, on Sheryl’s left. When Sheryl mentions “this is your sister”, it cuts to another view of the family and the bottle is back in its original position, to her right.
• Sheryl puts a popsicle box on the table after dinner. Through most of the scene, only the front part of the box is visible. But when Sheryl tells Dwayne she’ll give him permission for flight school, it’s the back of the box that’s visible. The box has also moved closer to Dwayne, away from Frank. The box is back next to Frank with the front showing when Dwayne shakes Sheryl’s hand.
• When the family is sitting in the waiting room at the hospital, Sheryl tells Dwayne and Olive that she “loves them so, so much”. In the close-up of Dwayne and Olive, Olive’s hands are down, away from her face. The scene then cuts to a far view of the family and Olive is rubbing her face with her left hand.
• CAUTION: May Contain Spoilers! The family has taken Grandpa’s body from the hospital. When they put the body in the back of the vehicle, after they shut the rear door/hatch, a right side view of the VW shows part of the sheet is caught in the door. But when it cuts to the VW bus on the road, the sheet is no longer hanging out.
• CAUTION: May Contain Spoilers! Dwayne gets upset about the color blind test and grabs the booklet away from Olive. It cuts to a close-up view of Dwayne holding the booklet. During the close-up of Frank, when he says “Man!”, Olive is holding the booklet. But, when it cuts back to Dwayne, he is once again holding the color blind test.
• At the very end of the movie, when Sheryl is running to jump in the VW bus, we can see Frank let go of the back of the vehicle. But in the following close-up view of Frank and Dwayne in the rear window, we see the two of them still holding on to the back and Frank lets go again!
“Little Miss Sunshine” (2006) stars Abigail Breslin, Greg Kinnear, Paul Dano, Alan Arkin, Toni Collette and Steve Carell. It runs 101 minutes and is rated R for language, some sex and drug content.
Get your copy of "Little Miss Sunshine" here:
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Isla Grey. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Isla Grey. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Isla Grey for details.