Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
As Good As It Gets
Melvin Udall is a reclusive author who’s used to doing things one way: his way. But with Carol, his favorite waitress at the local restaurant (and the only one willing to wait on him),Simon, his artistic neighbor who's robbed and beaten, and Simon's dog Verdell who suddenly needs a caretaker, all fall into the picture, Melvin’s usual routines are derailed. Here are a few movie mistakes to look for while watching “As Good As It Gets”.
• Near the beginning of the movie, Simon is talking to Melvin after finding Verdell. In a side/rear view, when Melvin is talking about “holding the hanky”, he’s holding his glasses in his right hand. But in the very next front view, the glasses are gone. They’re back again in the following view of him.
• Carol is holding a plate during the scene where she’s explaining Spencer’s asthmas to Melvin. There are grapes on the plate that change position when the scene cuts to a side view of her.
• After Jackie tells Simon that he’s broke, there’s a scene with Melvin at his desk. The front view shows Melvin sitting at his desk. He takes off his glasses and rubs his face. His glasses are in his left hand. The scene cuts to a rear view where Melvin is seen through the window. He is shown standing up and he takes his glasses off again and puts them in his left hand!
• After the road trip, Carol is talking to Melvin on the phone. The watch in Carol’s left hand changes position during the scene. It changes from being on the side of her wrist to being flat, at her hand.
• CAUTION: May Contain Spoilers! At the end of the movie, Melvin kisses Carol. When he kisses her a second time, Melvin grabs her and Carol’s right arm is over his shoulder, near his neck. But in the far view of the two of them, it’s her left arm that’s around him!
"As Good As It Gets" (1997) stars Jack Nicholson, Helen Hunt, Greg Kinnear, Cuba Gooding Jr, Skeet Ulrich, Shirley Knight and Yeardley Smith. It runs 139 minutes and is rated PG-13 for strong language, thematic elements, nudity and a beating.
Get your copy of "As Good As It Gets" here:
Content copyright © 2014 by Isla Grey. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Isla Grey. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Isla Grey for details.
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.