This spicy chicken stir-fry combines stir-fried bites of spicy chicken with red bell pepper and onion in a spicy and slightly sweet sauce. This makes a great dinner served over white steamed rice.
1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
¼ tsp garlic salt
2 tsp hot chili oil
1 red bell pepper
1 medium sweet white onion
¼ inch piece fresh ginger
1 garlic clove
2 tbsp peanut oil
1 tbsp sweet chili sauce
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tbsp hot water
- Remove as much fat from the chicken as possible and then cut each breast into 1 inch pieces.
- Place these pieces in a bowl and add the garlic salt, making sure to coat each piece evenly. Then add the chili oil and stir it in. Let the chicken marinate at room temperature while preparing the other ingredients, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse the red bell pepper thoroughly under cold running water and then dry it well. Cut off the stem and remove the inner seeds and white meat and discard. Then cut the remaining pepper into ½ inch pieces and set them aside.
- Next peel the onion and cut it into the same sized pieces as the pepper.
- Then peel the ginger and mince it.
- Peel the garlic and mince it as well.
- In a small cup mix together all of the ingredients for the sauce and stir until it is thoroughly mixed.
- Now it is time to start cooking. Heat a wok on high and once it gets hot add 1 tablespoon of the peanut oil.
- When the oil is hot add the chicken and stir-fry for about 8 minutes or until it lightly browns and is cooked through. Then remove it and place it on a plate.
- Next add the remaining tablespoon of peanut oil and heat it on high. When the oil is hot add the ginger and garlic and stir fry them for just 20 seconds.
- Then add the onion and bell pepper and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes, or until they are just tender.
- Then return the chicken to the wok and add in the sauce. Stir until everything is combined and heated through.
- Then remove from the heat and serve. This makes about 3 servings of spicy chicken stir fry and is best served over white steamed rice, enjoy.