A Checklist For Your Prom Hair
- Are you planning on going to the hairdresser for your prom hairstyle? Be sure to schedule your appointment in advance. Sometimes you can save time and money by washing, applying styling aids and drying your hair at home. Your hairdresser can then use her precious time and expertise on the finish. When you call for your appointment, inquire if that is an option.
- Take some hair accessories with you to the salon.
- As soon as you get your dress, visit a fabric store for ribbon of matching or complimentary color. This can be laced through curls or used to apparently tie your hairstyle up.
- Is your dress of a romantic or Victorian style? Think about wearing pearls in your hair. You will find individual pearls in a fabric or craft store. Slide one or two on a bobby pin or hairpin. Create a number of these 'ornaments' to be inserted strategically throughout your hairstyle to accent the curls or lines. Click here for an example.
String many pearls on a piece of thread or wire to be used to drape or wind between curls. The wire can be formed in interesting shapes.
- For a contemporary styled gown, you may choose to use rhinestones instead. You can use nail glue to fasten them onto hairpins, bobby pins or barrettes. They are then used in the same way as the pearls.
- Try different ways of styling
- Hot-rollers Click here for suggestions.
- Wet-set - This is when you roll damp hair on rollers and dry it thoroughly before removing them. This gives a lot more body and holding power than any other type of set.Click here for tips on the use of rollers.
- Curling iron - Try putting your hair up and then curling the ends. Using hair spray on them first will create a firmer curl. Click here for suggestions for use.
- Flat iron or extra large curling iron. Put your hair up and then use the curling iron or flat iron to form the ends into a soft (almost straight) curve. Then let the ends stick out. The heat from the iron will shine the hair and give it a finished look. Use hair spray or wax to stiffen the ends.
- Remember to accessorize as in Section #2.
Check out Updos for short hair!
Don't forget to add the Shine!
EBook - Updos for Every Occassion
Updos for parties, proms, weddings or the office. Follow these simple instructions to begin creating them yourself!
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
You Should Also Read:
Try This Updo for Prom or a Wedding
Shine is the Fashion for Hair
New Ideas for Proms and Weddings
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Lynne Chapman. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Lynne Chapman. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.