Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Chocolate Souffle Recipe
Chocolate Soufflé is French dessert of pure decadence. The term soufflé means to blow or puff up. And this is just what this dessert does while baking. A soufflé becomes puffed due to the egg whites that are beaten to a meringue. There are a few tips to keep in mind. If you over beat the batter it causes a soufflé to crack. Under beating may cause the soufflé to fall.
It is not the kind of dessert you want to prepare and bake while you have guests. It is time consuming and no one wants to spend the evening slaving away in the kitchen. When you have guests over you want to enjoy yourself and not cause undue stress. This chocolate soufflé is a dessert you prepare ahead of time and freeze. When you are ready to enjoy it you just pop it in the oven while frozen. This recipe makes 6 soufflés using 6 oz. ramekins.
Chocolate Soufflé Recipe:
1 stick of butter
1/4 cream of tartar
2 tablespoons of confectionary’s sugar
1 tablespoon of vanilla
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Grease 6, 6 oz. ramekins using butter.
2. Separate all 4 eggs.
3. In a mixing bowl, cream with an electric mixer the egg whites until foamy.
4. Beat in both sugars and the cream of tartar.
5. Beat until soft peaks form. A soft peak is when you pull the beater out and a peak forms. Then the peak either falls to the side or droops.
6. Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler.
7. Remove from heat.
8. Stir in egg yolks and vanilla.
9. Stir in 1/4 of the egg white meringue mixture.
10. Gently fold in the remaining meringue.
11. Separate the soufflé batter evenly into the ramekins.
12. Cover with plastic wrap and then also foil.
14. When ready to bake preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
15. Remove plastic wrap and foil.
16. Place ramekins on a cookie sheet.
17. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
Serve warm by itself or with whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream.
Enjoy and sweeten the soul with chocolate!
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2014 by Michelle Matile. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Michelle Matile. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Michelle Matile for details.
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.