Cybill Shepherd is the image of the 'over-forty' woman many of us would like to be. She is comfortable and even pleased with who she has become at age 54.
Her most recent look can be seen on the cover of the July/August addition of AARP.
The magazine quotes Ms Shepherd: "I think of myself as kind of a modern-day Mae West."
Not attempting to try to appear youthful by wearing the trendiest teen-style, she is still very up-to-date in her softly curled chin-length bob.
- Start with a chin-length bob that is slightly layered around the perimeter. - about 2 inches up from the bottom.
- Shampoo and condition with products designed for your hair texture. Ms Shepherd’s blonde hair will perform best with shampoo and conditioner designed for fine hair. This assures that her hair stays in good condition while not being weighed down.
- Apply a styling foam or light styling glaze to towel blotted hair and comb it through from the roots to the ends.
- Blow your hair dry, creating fluff and fullness.
- While your hair is still warm (if possible) set it with Velcro rollers - medium sized rollers at the top and smaller rollers toward the bottom. After the set, spray the rollers with a flexible hold hair spray and warm them your hair dryer. Let your hair cool and leave the rollers in place five minutes or longer.
- Remove each roller carefully without pulling on the curl. When all the rollers are removed, run your fingers through your hair. You may want to smooth the top with a comb, but do this lightly as often combing will loosen the curl. Finish arranging the style with your fingers.
- Use a light flexible hold hair spray as a finishing touch.
Cybill Shepherd’s hair color is soft light golden blonde. It’s light and bright enough to be of ‘bomb-shell’ quality but warm enough to appear natural.
- Gray or white hair may be resistant to hair color, causing it to appear too drab or ashy.
- In attempting to compensate for gray hair, it’s possible to add too much gold causing a brassy appearance.
- Longer timing may be needed to cover resistant gray or specially formulated tint that contains more intense color may be needed.
- If your hair color is too gold when tinted, highlights can be added, giving a softer look.
- If you have gray hair in some areas and dark in others, two or more hair color formulas may be used.
As always, the best way to assure beautiful hair color is to visit a hair color professional.
Hair Color EBook
Learn to do your own hair color or to make educated choices at the salon! This book contains all you need to know, from choosing a color to putting it on and avoiding problems.