logo
g Text Version
Beauty & Self
Books & Music
Career
Computers
Education
Family
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies

dailyclick
Bored? Games!
Nutrition
Postcards
Take a Quiz
Rate My Photo

new
Creativity
Family Travel
Southwest USA
Irish Culture
Home Finance
Comedy Movies
Romance Novels


dailyclick
All times in EST

Full Schedule
g
g Magic Site

BellaOnline's Magic Editor

g

How to Get Started in Magic

Guest Author - Kristin Peoples

So you have decided to start as a magician? Itís a great hobby to begin. There are plenty of avenues to help you get started in your hobby. And there is even more information to help you if you decide that taking to the next level is the right thing for you. First you must decide what type of magic you are interested in and who will be your audience. Do you enjoy working with children? If so, the magic that you perform will be different from that of an adult audience.

When you work with an audience of children in any capacity you have to do more than normal. If you come to them with the same run of the mill tricks, you will stare back to blank faces. Most children have not perfected the nice appreciation or appreciation because they know you are really trying to do a good job. Once you wow an audience of children, you will be a huge success. They will talk about you for the next several days and you may even have a few children that are inspired to become a magician just based on your act.

Research
Going to the library should be your very first action. There is a lot of information available to help you get you started. There are books and videos available to help you in your quest to become a magician. All of these items are free of charge. Time is the only thing of cost you will need. You will need to take the time to go through all of the material and put together a plan of action.

Tricks
As you begin your research, you will put together your arsenal of tricks. It is best to start with some of the beginning tricks. The important thing is to practice. Practice is the key to being able to perform a magic trick well. Down the road you may decide to get more props and other performance enhancements, but in the very beginning limit yourself to four or five tricks. Spend 90 percent of your time learning them inside and out. Use the remaining 10 percent of your time to think about how you want to put your act together.

Rules of Magic
Remember that you should never reveal how you perform a magic trick. You will always get asked the question of how the trick was performed. Do not give into giving that information. Keep the audience guessing. Keep in mind your audience when you perform a trick. Try not to ever perform the same trick more than once. If you get invited back to perform show them a fresh set of magic tricks.

These tips will help you get started in your hobby or career as a magician. Remember that it wonít happen overnight, but will require an input of time to be successful.

This site needs an editor - click to learn more!

Add How+to+Get+Started+in+Magic to Twitter Add How+to+Get+Started+in+Magic to Facebook Add How+to+Get+Started+in+Magic to MySpace Add How+to+Get+Started+in+Magic to Del.icio.us Digg How+to+Get+Started+in+Magic Add How+to+Get+Started+in+Magic to Yahoo My Web Add How+to+Get+Started+in+Magic to Google Bookmarks Add How+to+Get+Started+in+Magic to Stumbleupon Add How+to+Get+Started+in+Magic to Reddit




RSS | Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map


For FREE email updates, subscribe to the Magic Newsletter


Past Issues


print
Printer Friendly
bookmark
Bookmark
tell friend
Tell a Friend
forum
Forum
email
Email Editor


Content copyright © 2014 by Kristin Peoples. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Kristin Peoples. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.

g


g features
Archives | Site Map

forum
Forum
email
Contact

Past Issues
memberscenter


vote
Poetry
Daily
Weekly
Monthly
Less than Monthly



BellaOnline on Facebook
g


| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.


BellaOnline Editor