Get Involved Now
Ways you can get involved in human rights advocacy today:
1. Get educated on human rights issues. I know this may seem like a passive idea, but this is probably one of the most important things you can do as a human rights advocate. Knowing your stuff is absolutely crucial if you want to help others understand the issues, too. There are tons of resources out there to help you get started in your education. Search online for news networks dedicated to reporting on human rights or official human rights groups for some really helpful resources. I like to follow news/human rights group’s pages on Facebook and Blogger so I can always stay up-to-date on the news.
2. Volunteer. Volunteering is a great way to get involved, and it’s likely that there are plenty of opportunities to be found in your city.
3. Share your knowledge online. Sharing your thoughts about human rights issues on your blog or news stories on social media is a great way to inform and to start conversations with others about human rights. Just remember to use good online etiquette when communicating with others and to keep things from getting heated; the point is to communicate and educate, not argue.
4. Talk to your family, friends, coworkers, and other people you know. Much like the point above, talking to your friends in person about human rights issues is a great way to inform others about human rights and to help them learn about the things that matter to you. Chances are that your friends either haven’t put much thought into that issue, and it can be a good opportunity to educate them about human rights.
5. Join human rights groups and get involved. There are many different human rights groups that you can actually join and become a member of. These groups do activities, send newsletters, have blogs, and do other things you may be interested in. Whether you join a local chapter in your town or simply join in the fun online, it’s sure to be a rewarding experience.
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Andria Bobo. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Andria Bobo. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.