Guest Author - Taisha Turner
You have purchased the guide books for Singapore. One thousand and one things to do are listed. What is a traveler to do in the Lion City? Here is my list of ten great places to visit.
1. Visit the Long Bar at Raffles. Finish your tour of the Raffles Hotel with a Singapore Sling.
2. Visit the 57th floor landing of UOB Plaza One building. The view of the city is mind-blowing.
3. Travel on the MRT. This is the underground public transit train. This no grubby, dark hole in the ground. You can stay down here for hours.
4. Visit the Sentosa Island. Take a cable car across the channel. (The bus and ferry are cheaper.) Underwater World Aquarium and Butterfly Park are just two of many sites there. The Monkey show and Bird show are free as well as the monorail.
5. Visit the botanic gardens and bird park. Orchids abound and the birds are so colorful.
6. Try the fruit, especially the durians. Durians are nicknamed “stink fruit,” but do not let the name deter you. Lichees are tasty too. I recently found some in my local produce market. Eating one is like being transported back to Asia.
7. Go clubbing on Mohamed Sultan Road. As KC & the Sunshine Band say “Get Down Tonight.” Let “Shake Your Booty” be the evening’s theme.
8. Shop on Orchard Road. The place will amaze the most jaded shopper.
9. Visit Night Safari. It is open from dusk to midnight. This is a great way to see nocturnal animals. They are the ones which are asleep when you visit traditional zoos.
10. Eat! Eat! Eat! Try the street vendors and the small restaurants. You can feed yourself with your hand, fork or chopsticks. Warning! The food is so varied and good you can overeat in this town.
Singapore is one of the cleanest and safest places in Southeast Asia. You can easily get to all locations on the MRT. Enjoy yourself!
36 in. x 24 in.
Buy this Art Print at AllPosters.com
Surround yourself with inspiration. Hang a poster to brighten up a room. Create a pretty space that's uniquely your own!
Shop Amazon.com for an inflatable travel pillow. Here is one for US$19.99 which comes with a washable cover. Travel in comfort.
Come back each week for the latest Southeast Asia Travel article. Forgetful? Let the weekly newsletter be a reminder. Sign up today!