Help If You Need An Installment Plan To Pay Taxes

Help If You Need An Installment  Plan To Pay Taxes
Help if you Need An Installment Agreement To Pay Your Federal Income Tax - If you can’t pay your Federal Income Tax Balance Due, how do you request an installment agreement to pay your balance in monthly payments over time?

There are endless complications,
Related to Taxation Simplification,
It’s a discussion revisited by our great nation,
Generation – After Generation – After Generation…

There is no doubt about it, the subject of taxes is very taxing and there is certainly nothing about it that is simple. Every time that important elections roll around the subject of simplification of taxes is a discussion touched on sometime in someway during the campaigning. Why is that? Why, of course, it’s because taxes loom like a storm cloud that hangs over many areas of everyone’s lives. There are Income Taxes, Sales Taxes, Excise Taxes, Personal Property Taxes and Other Taxes at the federal, state and local levels. It’s a wonder that anyone has anything left to spend after they pay all their taxes but people should make their best effort to pay only what they owe and no more. The Taxpayer’s Bill of Rights states that you are responsible for paying only the correct amount of tax due under the law – no more and no less. So do your best to file all taxes accurately.

With regard to Federal Income Tax it is important for taxpayers to know that if they cannot pay the tax that they have due they can apply for an installment agreement or plan by filing A Request for an Installment Agreement Form 9465. You should prepare and include the form with your return when you file it for the best response time. An electronic version can be included if you E-file your return. If you file your return and do not include the request and do not pay the balance due you can file the form after the fact in response to a notice you will later receive. The Installment Agreement Request is a one page form asking for basic information from the taxpayer.

Your request for an installment agreement cannot be turned down if your balance due is under $10,000 and all three of the following are applicable. 1) During the past five years you have filed all the income tax returns on time, paid the income tax due, and have not previously had any installment agreements. 2) The IRS determines you cannot pay the tax due and you have provided all the information they requested to make that determination. 3) You agree to pay the balance due in full within three years and to file and pay timely any additional returns and tax due within that three years.

You will generally receive a response from the IRS within 30 days and the payments are usually set up as monthly installment payments.

As always I hope you are enjoying Tax Facts on the Taxing Subject of Taxes!

Any U.S. tax advice contained in this electronic communication was not intended or written to be used, nor can be used, by any recipient of this communication for the purpose of avoiding penalties that might be imposed pursuant to the Internal Revenue Code or U.S. Treasury Regulations, or any other state or local law or regulation.

Content of this site is not intended to replace professional consultation.

This site needs an editor - click to learn more!

Related Articles
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Previous Features
Site Map

Content copyright © 2023 by Kate Woods. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Kate Woods. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.