Homemade Hair Conditioner
- Mayonnaise is used to soften and shine dry hair. This is real mayonnaise, not salad dressing. Before you shampoo, comb about a quarter sized portion of through your hair. Make sure all the strands are coated. Leave it on for about 30 minutes and then shampoo it out with your regular shampoo. For a deeper conditioning treatment, apply the mayonnaise and cover it with plastic wrap or a shower cap. Leave this on for a longer amount of time or even over night before shampooing.
- Avocado is a natural moisturizer. Mash an avocado. Mix in one egg yolk and a half teaspoon of olive oil. Leave this mixture on your hair for at least 30 minutes and then shampoo it out.
- Eggs have been used for centuries as a hair conditioner. This treatment is a bit slimy but many people love it. Beat together two or three eggs. After your shampoo, massage the eggs through your hair. Leave it on for about 30 minutes and then rinse thoroughly. Rinse with cool water, not hot.
- Jojoba oil, olive oil, or coconut oil are suggested as conditioners. Massage the oil into your scalp and hair, cover with a shower cap and leave it overnight.
- Beer is another seasoned hair conditioner. Shampoo your hair as usual. Poor a cup of beer through your hair and massage it in. Rinse with cold water.
- Vinegar is used as a rinse to remove soap and other product residue. Put a tablespoon of vinegar into a cup of warm water and poor it through your hair after your shampoo. The acidic rinse is healing for an itchy scalp and may help with dandruff. You may also massage full strength apple cider vinegar into your scalp before shampooing.
As a professional who has worked with all types of hair for many years, I must give this disclaimer. These natural conditioners may be satisfactory on hair that is in its natural state or gently color enhanced. They are beneficial for lubricating and moisturizing hair and scalp. However the protein molecules are too large to effectively recondition damaged hair. If your hair is fragile, color treated with more than one application of hair color or if it is lightened, I suggest using professional conditioners that are formulated to rebuild and strengthen the hair shaft.
Perfect Wedding Hair - Ebook
Your wedding day.
Perfect in every way with
"Perfect Wedding Hair" Ebook.
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
You Should Also Read:
Shampoo From the Pantry
FHP Regenerator - Review
Conditioner for Fine Limp Hair
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Lynne Chapman. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Lynne Chapman. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.